There are 109 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The Official Aldon Smith's High Speed Car Chase to the Sack Record

Aldon needs to a lot work harder if he wants to break the record.
This guy was non existent.
Originally posted by Eli_23:

Needs 94.
Cardinals have the worst o-line in the league. I hope he gets it then.
Originally posted by niners94:

Needs 94.

Exactly. He's been riding j smith all year.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by niners94:

Needs 94.

He's been told to do too much. We rarely send him with the sole purpose of "sack the QB" you can see it in his body language that he stops and reads the play before continuing on with his rush. We can't ask both OLBs to read then react on the same play. We need to switch sides with them on probably every 4-5 snaps and always have 1 of them gunning for the QB no matter what. We essentially rushed nothing but our front 3 for 2 out of 3 snaps tonight.
[ Edited by sfout on Dec 23, 2012 at 9:17 PM ]
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Cardinals have the worst o-line in the league. I hope he gets it then.

I don't see him getting it without Justin. Maybe 1 or 2
  • IT21
  • Veteran
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:

No sacks for Aldon without Justin. Now we know where all his sacks came from. Justin taking up 2 - 3 blockers.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
No sacks for Aldon without Justin. Now we know where all his sacks came from. Justin taking up 2 - 3 blockers.

No s**t, maybe he gets enough gimmes though against the worst o-line in the NFL (second to the Jets) next week.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

No s**t, maybe he gets enough gimmes though against the worst o-line in the NFL (second to the Jets) next week.

Maybe he will. But I'm worried about him based on the last 2 games when Justin retires.
Said it before and will again; he's still learning the position and often either looks a bit lost or seems to be taking the play off. His play the past couple of weeks has been pretty pedestrian, though in his defense, he's also held alot and can't get disengaged. Tonight's game was a perfect example. I was astounded the Hawks were getting away with so many holds, both against Aldon and our receivers....grabs and contacts well beyond the first 5 yds! Not that it would have changed the game's outcome. It's also evident he benefits from Justin's presence and if Justin is having an off night, or like tonight, is not there at all, Aldon's play suffers.
Originally posted by 4evrfan:
Said it before and will again; he's still learning the position and often either looks a bit lost or seems to be taking the play off. His play the past couple of weeks has been pretty pedestrian, though in his defense, he's also held alot and can't get disengaged. Tonight's game was a perfect example. I was astounded the Hawks were getting away with so many holds, both against Aldon and our receivers....grabs and contacts well beyond the first 5 yds! Not that it would have changed the game's outcome. It's also evident he benefits from Justin's presence and if Justin is having an off night, or like tonight, is not there at all, Aldon's play suffers.

They held him a lot tonight. I kept seeing his jersey getting pulled.
yo aldon, WHERE YOU AT?
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home