There are 289 users in the forums

Rank our roster 1-53 strongest player to weakest player;

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • lazy
  • Veteran
Scott Tolzien is wayyyyy to low.
Originally posted by 49erfaithful49:
lol at having a punter above our premier back

I think Lee is a top 3 at his position and maybe #1 at his position. Gore isn't number 1 at his position, but I hear you; Gore is number 1 around here!
Originally posted by lazy:
Scott Tolzien is wayyyyy to low.

on the depth chart or on my list?
Originally posted by 80849er4life:
Akers higher than Crabtree??? I like where Big Ice is good job

Akers scores more points than crabtree!
  • Chico
  • Veteran
Originally posted by grizzlyadams:
This is way too much work.

esto
Originally posted by Overkill:
I started to do this only to realize how incredibly lazy I am.

You win by default.

This!
Originally posted by glorydayz:

I think Lee is a top 3 at his position and maybe #1 at his position. Gore isn't number 1 at his position, but I hear you; Gore is number 1 around here!

I agree, Lee is a better Punter than Gore is a RB, Gore has slowed down, but he is still an elite like back. I see him stepping aside in 2014 and Hunter gets more and more time at RB.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:

I agree, Lee is a better Punter than Gore is a RB, Gore has slowed down, but he is still an elite like back. I see him stepping aside in 2014 and Hunter gets more and more time at RB.

Please. People have been saying this around here the last two years, if not longer. Gore is the truth and has atleast two more good seasons left, baring injurys. Hes still facing stacked boxes.

Im not gonna critique the entire list, but the top 3 are as follows.

1.Frank Gore
2. Patrick Willis
3. Alex Smith

Patrick Willis barely tops out over Alex. He is in the top 3 in his Position at LB, but if we lost him for the season it wouldnt hurt nearly as much as if we lost AS for the season. Losing Frank Gore would be a disaster.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:

Please. People have been saying this around here the last two years, if not longer. Gore is the truth and has atleast two more good seasons left, baring injurys. Hes still facing stacked boxes.

1.Frank Gore
2. Patrick Willis
3. Alex Smith

Patrick Willis barely tops out over Alex. He is in the top 3 in his Position at LB, but if we lost him for the season it wouldnt hurt nearly as much as if we lost AS for the season. Losing Frank Gore would be a disaster.

Seriously? Alex over Justin Smith, NaVorro Bowman, Goldson, Whitner, McDonald, all which would kill us if hurt, as we have little depth at DE and S, some at ILB. And Vernon?
[ Edited by AB83Rules on Nov 15, 2012 at 3:53 PM ]

1.Frank Gore
2. Patrick Willis
3. Alex Smith

Seriously? Alex over Justin Smith, NaVorro Bowman, Goldson, Whitner, McDonald, all which would kill us if hurt, as we have little depth at DE and S, some at ILB. And Vernon?

Exactly! We lost ASmith in a game last week, we were down when he went out and we came back and should have won that game! I see what you are doing in regards to setting up the Smith Bashing but C'mon Man!

Frank Gore is our best player
I'm guessing you're talking about performance.

Reverse Staley w/Bowman ahead of him.

Akers too high - replace with Crabs

Replace RayMac with Boone

Replace Carlos with Culliver

Replace Soap with Grant

1.Frank Gore
2. Patrick Willis
3. Alex Smith

Depth at DL is a hard one. I understand what you are saying there, and i would place Justin in at 4th, but i honestly do feel that losing Alex for the season, would mean our superbowl run is over. Gore would be the biggest loss to this team, followed by Alex. I know there are alot of people that ant Kaep, and i like the kids athleticism, but anyone honest with themselves can see that he is not on Alex's level right now. Alex is a damn good QB. The only loss that would hurt more is Gore.

Your right though, Depth is the biggest issue on this team, thats why i give the draft an F grade. People who claim that we are so deep that we can cut or redshirt our entire draft dont have a leg to stand on.
Impossible to compare positions w/in a team. For example, you having the long snapper ahead of the starting QB which discredits this list. Relatively speaking, even if your long snapper does his job good can he really be a "stronger" player. What the hell is your criteria? Andy Lee ahead of Gore?
  • Jacka
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sacniner:
Impossible to compare positions w/in a team. For example, you having the long snapper ahead of the starting QB which discredits this list. Relatively speaking, even if your long snapper does his job good can he really be a "stronger" player. What the hell is your criteria? Andy Lee ahead of Gore?

Second. Any list that has long snapper, 4th string WR, 4th DB and special teamers ahead of our starting QB that is top 5 in Passer Rating, QBR and wins is a completely BS. Zero cred.
Share 49ersWebzone