[ Edited by 49erfeeeever808 on Nov 15, 2012 at 8:56 AM ]
There are 683 users in the forums
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Stopping the opposing offense?! Can you name when our defense did that in the playoffs? I don't get how
462 yards 4 td's, by Brees
and
316 yards 2 t.d's by Manning
How is that stopping the offense? Nearly 800 yards passing including 6 passing t.d's in two playoff games? Thats buckling down? Sorry buddy but that is not buckling down. Excuse me "zeroing in".
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Stopping the opposing offense?! Can you name when our defense did that in the playoffs? I don't get how
462 yards 4 td's, by Brees
and
316 yards 2 t.d's by Manning
How is that stopping the offense? Nearly 800 yards passing including 6 passing t.d's in two playoff games? Thats buckling down? Sorry buddy but that is not buckling down. Excuse me "zeroing in".
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
Eli had 316 yards on 32/58 attempts (~55%), 5.4 yards per attempt. those are both below his season average. (61% comp., 8.4 YPA)
Drew brees went 40/63 (63%) and 7.3YPA, his regular season stats were 71% comp percentage and 8.3YPA....... on top of that a 2TD's and a big chunk of yardage came in the final 5 minutes of the game...... don't forget the 2 INT's Brees threw.

Originally posted by ninermedic:
49ers never lost a single game under Walsh or Seifert. Simple fact. Not a single loss ever in between 1979 and 1996. That's why everyone is freaking out, how are we supposed to get to the playoffs if we lose any games during the regular season?
Originally posted by stillpans4gold:
2010 Green Bay Packers (6-3) after nine games
... ended up 10-6
2011 New York Giants (6-3) after nine games
... ended up 9-7
1988 San Francisco 49ers (6-3)
... ended up 10-6
Here are three examples of teams that had very SPOTTY performances throughout their first 9 games. Furthermore, all of these team would play even worse after the 9 game mark...
... Giants lost four in a ROW last year after starting 6-2, had boat loads of problems even had their (Playoffs?) moment after slipping to 6-6.
... Packer barely held on to a winning record down the stretch.
... And, in 1988, as the 49ers fell to 6-5, riddled with injuries, quarterback drama, and even whispers that Walsh may be let go at the years end, pulled off a late season rally and stormed toward a third Lombard.!
Point being, any team with a decent record at this point can look at these examples and draw correlation's.
I reserve my paranoia, disappointment, and head scratching to the Chaos of it all. You take your bumps.
This is a good life lesson, don't be so fickle! Why these pessimistic people act this way is to protect there fear of being disappointed. So if the team does fail, they can at least have, "I told you so." It's really annoying, because if they do end up right, it's like calling a coin flip right and claiming you actually knew it was going to fall that way.
Holy moly, we're 6-2-1, in first place in our division and have a chance to take the lead in a playoff bye week race Monday. On all apects of this game, this team has at one time or another played at an elite level, that more than you can ask for. Question is can you get the hole machine running on the same game, and if you do, lets hope those games are playoff games.
Originally posted by stillpans4gold:
2010 Green Bay Packers (6-3) after nine games
... ended up 10-6
2011 New York Giants (6-3) after nine games
... ended up 9-7
1988 San Francisco 49ers (6-3)
... ended up 10-6
Here are three examples of teams that had very SPOTTY performances throughout their first 9 games. Furthermore, all of these team would play even worse after the 9 game mark...
... Giants lost four in a ROW last year after starting 6-2, had boat loads of problems even had their (Playoffs?) moment after slipping to 6-6.
... Packer barely held on to a winning record down the stretch.
... And, in 1988, as the 49ers fell to 6-5, riddled with injuries, quarterback drama, and even whispers that Walsh may be let go at the years end, pulled off a late season rally and stormed toward a third Lombard.!
Point being, any team with a decent record at this point can look at these examples and draw correlation's.
I reserve my paranoia, disappointment, and head scratching to the Chaos of it all. You take your bumps.
This is a good life lesson, don't be so fickle! Why these pessimistic people act this way is to protect there fear of being disappointed. So if the team does fail, they can at least have, "I told you so." It's really annoying, because if they do end up right, it's like calling a coin flip right and claiming you actually knew it was going to fall that way.
Holy moly, we're 6-2-1, in first place in our division and have a chance to take the lead in a playoff bye week race Monday. On all apects of this game, this team has at one time or another played at an elite level, that more than you can ask for. Question is can you get the hole machine running on the same game, and if you do, lets hope those games are playoff games.
Originally posted by cciowa:...."You think I like to list this stuff?"
yes i am negative,. I have been worried all year about our lack of pressure , s**tty special teams, horrid pass protection. I have been assured by many not to worry, the coaches know whats going on, our defense and offensive line is elite..Sundays fiasco just made me realize some things. Are you people aware of the SAME things keep happening when we lose games so this is not just a bump in the road. I think this team has problems and as they keep happening it tells me either the coaches are clueless, which i do not think they are,, or they have ZERO idea how to fix it.the common factors in 3 losses( Yes i know what the score was sunday)
defense not ready to play
defense getting owned at the the end of the game when we are supposed to be unbeatable with a lead late in the game
defense struggling vs the run
defense sloppy with awfull penalties
entire team terrible with drive killing penalities and mistakes
special teams coverage horrid horrid
pass protection horrid
all those things came to a head sunday in that fiasco. our defense is soft vs good teams and is soft to often early in a game and at crunch time sunday they just faded away, willis allowed himself to be owned by jackson, no pressure on the quarterback and as a result the secondary gets burned plus rogers has been a bum .
You think I LIKE to list this stuff? I look at that list, I see those SAME things happening in very loss we have had this year, I SEE no improvement in kickoff and punt return coverage. I see two games in a dome coming up where we are horrid at. I see a team who will win ten at best, 9 is more realistic in my opinion, we either host a wildcard team or we are the wildcard team, we lose and thats it. I do not think our defense is elite, i think our special teams are horrid and can not be fixed. I saw the losses we had last year and saw that different little non tragic things led to a loss in each one of them during the regular season,,,, THIS year i see the SAME things happening over and over and THATS why i no longer think this is an elite team and whats more I worry the coaches know it and have no idea how to fix it
What stuff? All i see is barrage of sensationalist unsupported opinion.
Originally posted by stillpans4gold:so you have seen
Originally posted by cciowa:...."You think I like to list this stuff?"
yes i am negative,. I have been worried all year about our lack of pressure , s**tty special teams, horrid pass protection. I have been assured by many not to worry, the coaches know whats going on, our defense and offensive line is elite..Sundays fiasco just made me realize some things. Are you people aware of the SAME things keep happening when we lose games so this is not just a bump in the road. I think this team has problems and as they keep happening it tells me either the coaches are clueless, which i do not think they are,, or they have ZERO idea how to fix it.the common factors in 3 losses( Yes i know what the score was sunday)
defense not ready to play
defense getting owned at the the end of the game when we are supposed to be unbeatable with a lead late in the game
defense struggling vs the run
defense sloppy with awfull penalties
entire team terrible with drive killing penalities and mistakes
special teams coverage horrid horrid
pass protection horrid
all those things came to a head sunday in that fiasco. our defense is soft vs good teams and is soft to often early in a game and at crunch time sunday they just faded away, willis allowed himself to be owned by jackson, no pressure on the quarterback and as a result the secondary gets burned plus rogers has been a bum .
You think I LIKE to list this stuff? I look at that list, I see those SAME things happening in very loss we have had this year, I SEE no improvement in kickoff and punt return coverage. I see two games in a dome coming up where we are horrid at. I see a team who will win ten at best, 9 is more realistic in my opinion, we either host a wildcard team or we are the wildcard team, we lose and thats it. I do not think our defense is elite, i think our special teams are horrid and can not be fixed. I saw the losses we had last year and saw that different little non tragic things led to a loss in each one of them during the regular season,,,, THIS year i see the SAME things happening over and over and THATS why i no longer think this is an elite team and whats more I worry the coaches know it and have no idea how to fix itWhat stuff? All i see is barrage of sensationalist unsupported opinion.
Originally posted by stillpans4gold:
...."You think I like to list this stuff?"What stuff? All i see is barrage of sensationalist unsupported opinion.