There are 40 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Week 10: Thoughts after rewatching the Rams game....

Originally posted by ApatheticIAm:
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
With the new info on Coach's cardiac arrhythmia, it brings up an interesting question. Could he possibly have looked so different in coaching style, both O and D in the two games we lost plus the tie, That perhaps he was truely not himself, as in AF,( atrial fibrillation), where not all atrial beats get to the ventricles, thus causing less oxygen to get to the brain...could that have possibly been why Coach looked so out of sync in the 2 losses and 1 tie?....ie, he called bad games because whe wasn't working with all his brain capacity? Interesting thot to ruminate on....

I don't think so man, that's a bit of a stretch. There are other coaches you know who have their input during games and i'm sure they would tell Jim if he was about to do something stupid. Plus Fangio calls the D and Roman for the most part calls the O. Those losses and the tie were team losses and the players just didn't perform those games.

Interesting thought but this.
yea at some point you have to hold players accountable. You can have a perfect scheme/gameplan, but the players must execute it. I bet the Jaguars and Chiefs know how to win every game, they just can't do it because their talent sucks.
[ Edited by ApatheticIAm on Nov 15, 2012 at 11:55 PM ]
Originally posted by Joecool:
Marvin,
Gore raised my eyebrows more than Colin did. He looked awesome and as fresh as a rookie.

Seriously. I really couldn't believe how well Gore played last week. I can't believe he's playing so well this late in his career. Even Hunter is hardly getting any snaps at the moment.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Marvin,
Gore raised my eyebrows more than Colin did. He looked awesome and as fresh as a rookie.

Seriously. I really couldn't believe how well Gore played last week. I can't believe he's playing so well this late in his career. Even Hunter is hardly getting any snaps at the moment.
I bet Colin is still looking for that fumbled snap, the one Frank picked up and got a first down.
Originally posted by ApatheticIAm:
Our problem isn't scheme, talent, or players dropping off. We lost 1 huge thing we had last year, and that was swag. I hate that word but I think it fits appropiately in this case. I just don't sense the "We got this" mentality from the players and often times every play I am hoping we get positive yards or a stop on defense. I never did that once last year. The last time I had to pray that we do good was when we were losing all those years. We have won 6 games on pure talent alone, but not since week 2 have our wins felt complete. I don't know how Harbaugh is going to get it back, but he needs to. Swag/confidence/luck/whatever you want to call it needs to come back to finish out this year and carry it into the playoffs for a playoff run.

yeah sometimes i get the sense that the players are waiting for something to happen rather than making it happen themselves. (minus a select few)
I've been watching football since the early 50's and the one thing I've seen through all these years are teams that begin to believe they're great (whether it's media hype or a coaches hype) and then they fail to bring it (intensity and focus) when playing who they consider is a inferior team. Then they're shocked when they lose.

The 49er's were winning last year not only because no one knew them (the surprise factor) but because they were considered the inferior team and the intensity was there to prove otherwise.

This year the media hype is how great they are and is either the best or one of the best teams around. Some of the players (and probably coaches) begin to believe this and they begin to think that they can get by on talent alone. Surprise, Surprise as whats his face would say!

BTW: I believe that the RAMS have beaten both the Seahawks and the Cardinals and tied the 49er's. ...which were all deemed superior.

The bottom line is that the intensity and focus need to be there week in and week out regardless of who they're playing. If not it's going to be a long off season.
[ Edited by Kauaiguy on Nov 16, 2012 at 6:17 PM ]
I mean after this last game, the way Rogers played, is Terrel Brown our best corner? I only seen one play where Amendola got some yards on his side of the field and that was because it was a well designed screen with Brown being blocked.
Brown is a solid corner, but I think Culliver is on his way to becoming the best CB on the team.

Rogers is fine BTW. No, he isn't getting INTs like he did last your but neither is anyone else. The Niners still have one of the best pass defenses in the NFL.
[ Edited by Marvin49 on Nov 19, 2012 at 8:16 AM ]