LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 269 users in the forums

Week 10: Thoughts after rewatching the Rams game....

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I think Aldon is a beast whose numbers are inflated by playing next to Justin.
I don't take any lack of numbers from Aldon this year as an indication of drop-off or what not. He's learning to play the position full time and that takes away some of his natural talent at times on the field. Next year would be more indicative of what he can do. If his play stayed the same into next year, then I would be more concern.
Originally posted by FourNine49:
Good analysis. I don't know if I was just imagining things, but I saw Moss out there more when Kaep was out there. I wonder if they did that specifically because Kaep has a bigger arm than Alex. I remember Kaep looking deep on a couple of plays and not seeing anything open, I wonder if he was trying to find Moss?

(This was a post about Moss, please don't take this as a Alex/Kaep response)

I think it was mostly because Moss gets more second team reps with CK. Speculation, but makes more sense to me. Alex has better chemistry with Manningham and Crabs from the looks of it.
"We" need to win a game or two that we otherwise might have lost... @Pats, @ Seahawks... Maybe both!!!
If the aldon issue was really all smith then harassing should have 10+ sacks too
Marvelous Marvin at it once again. Great job as usual with your analysis of the game. Keep up the good work.
Originally posted by Godsleftsock:
If the aldon issue was really all smith then harassing should have 10+ sacks too

A decent point you make here. Parys played alongside JS too and never produced like Aldon has.

Aldon is a great player, give the kid his props.
Originally posted by Travisty13:
Marvelous Marvin at it once again. Great job as usual with your analysis of the game. Keep up the good work.

Agreed. Thanks again!
Originally posted by KegBert:
Originally posted by Godsleftsock:

A decent point you make here. Parys played alongside JS too and never produced like Aldon has.

Aldon is a great player, give the kid his props.

Same goes for Brooks. Neither had sniffed 14.5 sacks.

Aldon is looking to exceed that,
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Nov 12, 2012 at 7:47 PM ]
WE NEED ALEX. I can't believe how Kaeprnkick was throwing. He runs good but I do not trust his arm whatsoever. I was at the game and cringed with every play he was in. Alex walked right past me and I told him we needed him, he looked pissed off.

Aldon is a dominant player. Whever he is one on one he destroys the tackle. This board is obsessed with stats and you know what J.Smith says about that....

I sware I feel like some of you guys dont even watch the game. Aldon must be doubled at all times. He is fast and has long arms to get after the QB. Contrary to popular belief, he does get to the QB from the outside. Does he benefit from Smith on the inside stunt, sure. Is that the only reason he is disruptive, not even close. Remember the end of the Seahawks game? He lined up on the opposite side of Smith and destroyed the tackle, not once but twice. And what about the Pitt game. He played possessed. Aldon is a beast, and if you cant see it, I dont know what to tell you. I can promise you that I watch more Niner games than any half baked commentator assigned to our game for the week...

Also, I'm glad that that Smith was 7/8, but I'm deducting points for taking dumb sacks. I"m sorry, but I just cant get excited for "stats," when I know its just a bunch of high percentage passes, that may or may not have been enough to move the change. Even that 3rd and 15 to Crabtree was a pass that was well short of the first down marker and relied on some serious YAC, that almost wasn't made. I'm sure it was the play called, but it just goes to show the mentality of this "efficient" QB named Smith. Kaep on the other hand had a 3-18 dart to Davis for the first down completion, which didn't come easy bye the way.

Anyway, our run D has disappeared and I really think it has to do with us focusing more on stopping the passing teams. The front 3 aren't protecting the LBs like they use to. I'm seeing too many lineman hitting Willis and Bowman on the second level.
I think you lost about 1/4 of the board with your first paragraph.
That makes way too much sense.

Same short pass
One is called a dump off the other a great outlet pass

Same bad defense
One is called he should have scored more points the other bad defense

WR not getting open
One is called "he has to throw them open" the other "WR not getting open"
Originally posted by TDNiners:
I think you lost about 1/4 of the board with your first paragraph.
That makes way too much sense.

Same short pass
One is called a dump off the other a great outlet pass

Same bad defense
One is called he should have scored more points the other bad defense

WR not getting open
One is called "he has to throw them open" the other "WR not getting open"

Yup, I saw the same thing at the stick. WRs could not get open against the Ram's 3rd string CBs.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Aldon is a dominant player. Whever he is one on one he destroys the tackle. This board is obsessed with stats and you know what J.Smith says about that....

I sware I feel like some of you guys dont even watch the game. Aldon must be doubled at all times. He is fast and has long arms to get after the QB. Contrary to popular belief, he does get to the QB from the outside. Does he benefit from Smith on the inside stunt, sure. Is that the only reason he is disruptive, not even close. Remember the end of the Seahawks game? He lined up on the opposite side of Smith and destroyed the tackle, not once but twice. And what about the Pitt game. He played possessed. Aldon is a beast, and if you cant see it, I dont know what to tell you. I can promise you that I watch more Niner games than any half baked commentator assigned to our game for the week...

Also, I'm glad that that Smith was 7/8, but I'm deducting points for taking dumb sacks. I"m sorry, but I just cant get excited for "stats," when I know its just a bunch of high percentage passes, that may or may not have been enough to move the change. Even that 3rd and 15 to Crabtree was a pass that was well short of the first down marker and relied on some serious YAC, that almost wasn't made. I'm sure it was the play called, but it just goes to show the mentality of this "efficient" QB named Smith. Kaep on the other hand had a 3-18 dart to Davis for the first down completion, which didn't come easy bye the way.

Anyway, our run D has disappeared and I really think it has to do with us focusing more on stopping the passing teams. The front 3 aren't protecting the LBs like they use to. I'm seeing too many lineman hitting Willis and Bowman on the second level.

I agree with you on alex stats and YAC. Its the only part of marvin's great threads i kinda just race through. Anyway GREAT JOB MARVIN. I am a fan and always look forward to these every monday. I was a little worried that I would have to wait another day after looking for your thread earlier in the day but it was worth the wait.
Beating green bay at lambeu, beating Detroit,,,,and not be able to beat the rams.....I try to understand it...but I cant maybe opponents have realized already that. We rely in running , passing no more than 10 yards..and using one of the best TE in the NFL as lineman what a waste...I tought mike martz was gone.....
Share 49ersWebzone