There are 233 users in the forums

Does Anthony Dixon really have much value on the Special Teams unit?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
He's a block in the back magnet

I was going to say the same thing!

This, damn it you beat me to it!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
i was not aware he had any value in special teams
He gets blocked in the back alot so yeah he has ALOT of special team value....I would say atleast 10 yard value....
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:

This, damn it you beat me to it!

Stole my thunder too
I feel like he's always getting blocked in the back or being held lol. Anyway, I think we should have kept Blake Constanzo rather than have kept Dixon around. They say Dixon was kept due to his ability to play RB, FB, and ST. I haven't seen him play RB or FB. The team uses Walker, Tukuafu, and Miller at FB. Losing Blake really is hurting our special teams!
Nobody takes it from behind like big Dix.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Nov 12, 2012 at 8:15 PM ]
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
For the record, I am not saying that Jacobs and/or LaMichael James could do better on ST. I am just merely stating that yesterday's game left a lot to be desired from someone who is supposedly an active player due to his play on ST.

I don't think that is the main reason... I think they would've kept Cartwright if that was the case....but I think what he showed in preseason and pracitce is what has him active.

During the preseason he did a good job pass protection, run blocking, catching out of the backfield, and running with the ball (he also did this in the regular season against the Jets that allowed us to rest Gore and Hunter)

so all that shows that if Miller or Gore or Hunter get injured...he could step in and we wouldn't have to change the gameplan too much.

I'm actually pretty curious to see if he could also step in for certain plays that we ask Walker to do for us (at least in the run game)...if something happened to him. Both are about the same size.

if Gore goes down Dixon will not be a replacement what so ever

and why do you care about preseason so much its all scrubs
boobie gonna boob
I love Big Dix!

Nix on Dix.

JH?Baalke - please, no more.
Dixon has a lot of value to the team on special teams and as a backup running back
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MiamiNiner:
Dixon has a lot of value to the team on special teams and as a backup running back

you would think he would show by now would you not? he is a waste of a roster space
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by MiamiNiner:

you would think he would show by now would you not? he is a waste of a roster space

do some of you just ignore when he DOES show it? I mean the team needed him, so they could rest Gore and Hunter at the end of the Jets game. He didn't fumble, he got a 1st down to help run more time off the clock...and he got a TD.

THAT was his opportunity so far this year during the regular season....he fought his way into keeping his ACTIVE roster spot, by performing well in the preseason against starters.
None. We got rid of Costanzo and Colin Jones to keep Dixon and Jocobs....
Share 49ersWebzone