There are 168 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

PLAYOFF SEEDING and the BYE..........

Not the time to start Kaep.

We play Chicago, then New Orleans, then we head TO St.Louis. This entire season could easily get out of hand if Kaep is our starter. And considering that the Packers and Saints have started to show signs of resurgence, there's no guarantee we make the playoffs if we lose the division.

FYI.....Seahawks are 6-4 and here is their remaining schedule:

@ Miami (possible win)

@ Chicago (probable loss)

vs. Arizona (def win) ---- likely record will be 9-7 or 10-6

@ Buffalo (probable win)

vs. San Francisco (toss up)

vs. St. Louis (def win)

Niners are 6-2-1, and our schedule:

vs. Chicago (possible win)

@ New Orleans (possible loss)

@ St. Louis (probable win)

vs Miami (def win) ---- likely record 10-5-1 to 11-4-1

@ New England (possible loss)

@ Seattle (toss up)

vs. Arizona (def win)

Point being, we need to get a cushion on the Seawhawks, and assuming we beat Chicago next week.......we need to beat all the teams we SHOULD, and get at least one win against either NO, SEA, or NE. That would give us an 11-5-1 record, the division.....but likely NOT the bye. If we want the bye, we need to win 2/3 of of NO, SEA, and NE......and a clean sweep of the 2nd half of the season will likely get us the first seed.

Not an easy task at all, and Seattle has the easier road. All the more reason to get Alex Smith back ASAP.
the way we are playing, i think we go 10-5-1.

I hope its good enough
Originally posted by 49erfaithful49:

I hope its good enough

Its funny you say that, because "the way we are playing" I think we go 9-7. However, if we play as good as we actually are, I agree with your 10-5-1 prediction.
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:

I hope its good enough

Its funny you say that, because "the way we are playing" I think we go 9-7. However, if we play as good as we actually are, I agree with your 10-5-1 prediction.

You guys are assuming we lose to the big 3.....SEA, NO, and NE. I think we can win at least 1 of those 3, and get to 11-5. Just no more room for error. Have to beat Miami, Zona, and STL without a glitch.
We have the 3rd best record in the conference and 5th best record in the league. We pulled out a tie with our back up QB after being down double digits, and suddenly we aren't making the playoffs?
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
We have the 3rd best record in the conference and 5th best record in the league. We pulled out a tie with our back up QB after being down double digits, and suddenly we aren't making the playoffs?

Crazy f**kers here on the zone.

Plus we actually gained ground on the #2 seed. All the top teams lost while we tied (f**king tie). If we win against the Bears we are the #2 seed with 6 games to go. Kind of where we were last year.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

I hope its good enough
i think and hope this is about right. after yesterdays fiasco i just want to make the playoffs , I could care less if we get a first round bye,, at least i want a division title for two years in a row and a home game two years in a row. sure it may be the packers or cowboys or saints again but i just want to make it two years in a row for post season play
Originally posted by cciowa:

I hope its good enough
i think and hope this is about right. after yesterdays fiasco i just want to make the playoffs , I could care less if we get a first round bye,, at least i want a division title for two years in a row and a home game two years in a row. sure it may be the packers or cowboys or saints again but i just want to make it two years in a row for post season play

Cowboys or Saints... those two s**t teams aren't making the playoffs. It may be someone like the Seahawks if we win the division.
6-9-1

epic collapse
Originally posted by susweel:
6-9-1

epic collapse

Originally posted by NinerBuff:
6-9-1

epic collapse

lighten up man it was a joke.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SportsFan:

I hope its good enough

Cowboys or Saints... those two s**t teams aren't making the playoffs. It may be someone like the Seahawks if we win the division.
i do not keep track of that stuff, i was just throwing teams out there,, maybe packers or lions or vikings maybe? anyway i just want us to be in the playoffs and esp after yesterday,, do not care who we play.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
6-9-1

epic collapse

i know its a joke but i tell you,, this team had better start taking care of things they can control in a consistent basis here in the last half of the year.
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

Crazy f**kers here on the zone.

Plus we actually gained ground on the #2 seed. All the top teams lost while we tied (f**king tie). If we win against the Bears we are the #2 seed with 6 games to go. Kind of where we were last year.

I read some posts yesterday where some would have rather had a loss.
6-9-1

epic collapse

i know its a joke but i tell you,, this team had better start taking care of things they can control in a consistent basis here in the last half of the year.

We will be okay and win the division and make the playoffs easily. I can guarantee you that much, what happens in the playoffs is anyone's guess.

10 wins is the magic number.