There are 49 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Carlos Rogers really is less then average

Rogers is one of the better CBs in the league. Cant expect him to be like Revis or Deion.

Id rather have him than Nate Clements, or "Dre being Dre".
Carlos is a very good BUT not elite CB. Not worth the jack.

The man he covered caught all 9 passes that came his way AND would have been 80 yards more to Amendola if there wasn't a penalty.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

The man he covered caught all 9 passes that came his way AND would have been 80 yards more to Amendola if there wasn't a penalty.

Not to mention the missed tackles.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

Cully was on him for the first big one
1:23 left in the 4th quarter

Rogers might just be the most pathetic slot CB I have ever laid eyes on. OMG.. I have seen people change direction better using crutches... that's all I can say...

Can someone make a gif of this play?
Oh, please.. someone get that gif !!!

Rogers
what a bunch of whiners
Culliver gave up that first TD btw
Originally posted by NTeply49:
Culliver gave up that first TD btw

Yes. But overall Culliver has had a good season. The same cant really be said about Rogers.
Rodgers can be blamed for the slot receiver torching the 49ers. However, covering these guys is like trying to catch a cockaroach, they zig snd zag in an instant. Try to force them to go into coverage they still find a small window for the catch. I notice how this kind of connection between slot receiver and QB is mostly reserved for the elite passers, Manning-Cruz, Brady-Welker and yes I'll even say Bradford-Amendola. They convinced me of that on the field Sunday. I guess you can bang them at the line of scrimmage. Maybe give Cox more PT he's really quick.
AB and myself were discussing it in the draft room. Here is what he said on Carlos:

It would best to cut him after 2013,. he has 1.7m of his 5.5m base in 2013 already guaranteed, and his fully base becomes guaranteed on april 1st 2013. We would only save 400K to use if able to designate for june 1st, where we can spread the proration over 2 seasons. If not it makes no sense to cut him, 400k isn't gonna help us. Now if cut after 2013 we would save a ton of money, his proration would be $1.25m in 2014 and 2015 with june 1 cut. Also his workout and roster bonuses go away, meaning more savings. But if we can cut him this offseason and allowed for june 1 designation, than we would save over 4m, and take a 1.25m in dead money in 2013 and 2.5m in 2014, but save over 4m in 2014. And his 2015 salary is all saved. But if designated the money wont be available until june 1st, since he will still be considered a top 51 salaries player.

So let's say we tag Goldson next year I could very well see Carlos getting cut after the 2013 season to save money. We would have Goldson (if tagged), T. Brown, Bowman, Whitner and Justin Smith to take care of. Plus some others including Akers, Goodwin, Haralson, Manningham or K.Williams who probably wouldn't be back. Also, we have Aldon, Iupati, A.Davis, B.Miller, Culliver, Hunter, etc in the next few years after that so we will probably be working on extensions for them so I could very well see some good players getting let go of to make room. There should be some new faces for the 1st season in the new stadium. We could end up cutting Rogers after 13, and there is a real chance after 2013 one or more of the following could be gone: Goldson, Brown, Whitner and Justin.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Nov 13, 2012 at 9:13 PM ]
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Rodgers can be blamed for the slot receiver torching the 49ers. However, covering these guys is like trying to catch a cockaroach, they zig snd zag in an instant. Try to force them to go into coverage they still find a small window for the catch. I notice how this kind of connection between slot receiver and QB is mostly reserved for the elite passers, Manning-Cruz, Brady-Welker and yes I'll even say Bradford-Amendola. They convinced me of that on the field Sunday. I guess you can bang them at the line of scrimmage. Maybe give Cox more PT he's really quick.
Most times the slot lines off the ball making it impossible to play bump and run, remember Rogers style is a shadow corner, he rarely ever plays bump & run, even though he is 6"2... Rogers has been solid this year, even last year his pro bowl year he struggled time to time, although he had the picks..