There are 154 users in the forums

Carlos Rogers really is less then average

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by grizzlyadams:
He sux. I hope Culliver takes his job next year.

You mean the same Culliver that tripped over himself and allowed an easy TD throw to Quick?

Not bashing Culliver, I like him a lot, but it just shows how fickle we fans can be sometimes. Rogers wasn't great today, but neither were any of the other 10 starters.

No. Culliver has had a fine season. He did get worked on that play, but overall he has had a good season. he is also a second year player. Rogers has been out of position, and missing tackles all season.
What I dont get is why Rogers covers the slot in nickel.. you would think T.Brown is best equiped to cover slot guys. why not have Rogers and Cully on the outside and bump T.Brown inside.. Rogers is the slowest of our corners and he's match up with the speedy slot recievers? doesnt make sense..
Originally posted by CityKing415:
What I dont get is why Rogers covers the slot in nickel.. you would think T.Brown is best equiped to cover slot guys. why not have Rogers and Cully on the outside and bump T.Brown inside.. Rogers is the slowest of our corners and he's match up with the speedy slot recievers? doesnt make sense..

inside he has help, also they may have been hopig he could do like woodson did for the packers.
Amendola and Cruz are the best slot receivers in the league, along with Wes Welker. I wouldn't feel so bad that it's hard to cover them, but he generally does okay. Carlos Rogers probably isn't an elite cornerback, but he's still a great one.
Originally posted by rtj03:
He can't cover v Cruz n amendola owned him today. Had a decent yr last yr but he's back to his true self.

Almost cost us the tie
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Brown>Culliver>Rogers. Rogers has been a liability all season, and its not just his coverage, its missed tackles as well.

Really? I'm actually liking Culliver a lot more now. I think Brown gets burned way too many times but as far as Rogers go, yeah, I saw this last season so I'm not really surprised by Rogers. He overachieved last year but he's a better option than Cox.
You mean the same Culliver that tripped over himself and allowed an easy TD throw to Quick?

Not bashing Culliver, I like him a lot, but it just shows how fickle we fans can be sometimes. Rogers wasn't great today, but neither were any of the other 10 starters.

He tripped. It happens. He didn't get burned, he didn't lose his guy or mistackle.
Originally posted by YoungWifey:
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Brown>Culliver>Rogers. Rogers has been a liability all season, and its not just his coverage, its missed tackles as well.

Really? I'm actually liking Culliver a lot more now. I think Brown gets burned way too many times but as far as Rogers go, yeah, I saw this last season so I'm not really surprised by Rogers. He overachieved last year but he's a better option than Cox.

Brown is the best cover corner on the team and its not even close.
He's a good cornerback he just struggles against quick receivers like Cruz and Amendola
He can't cover v Cruz n amendola owned him today. Had a decent yr last yr but he's back to his true self.

No. He's always been a good cover CB, he just couldn't catch the ball in Washington. So, no, he is not "back to his true self," he is playing a lot worse than his true self.

Originally posted by grizzlyadams:
He sux. I hope Culliver takes his job next year.

Aldon and Brooks did well today. So did Justin Smith.

Just because the overall defense looked like crap doesn't mean every one of them played like crap.
[ Edited by 49erRider on Nov 11, 2012 at 8:34 PM ]
Originally posted by jdt84_2:
Originally posted by CityKing415:

inside he has help, also they may have been hopig he could do like woodson did for the packers.

Nope. The help is from the safeties on the outside. The slot is man-to-man, which is why Rogers was important last year. He did a great job in the slot without help. He isn't doing so well in that role this year so they should look at Brown or Culliver instead. They seem to be goinf with what worked last year. It might be time to make a change.
Rodgers isnt terrible, but he seems to have trouble with the quick, shifty slot receivers like amendola and cruz.

Cruz is a beast and Amendola can do that to any cornerback. In my opinion, I think we attempt to trade Rogers to free up room for Goldson and then hopefully we can get something done with Bowman.
yep. One good season in his NFL career.
Share 49ersWebzone