There are 111 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS CHICAGO BEARS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 10)

HARBAUGH SUITS UP @ QB


....FOR THE BEARS
if its our backup qbs facing off then i really like our chances

campbell is immoblie and kap can make plays with his feet
I think we can win this game with or without Alex. Expect a lot more creative running schemes to be added to the gameplan. Maybe Vernon will show up and have a big week. I think he's the x-factor this next Monday night.
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
HARBAUGH SUITS UP @ QB


....FOR THE BEARS

STEVE YOUNG FOR THE NINERS....

























...HILARITY ENSUES.
Originally posted by ads_2006:
joe staley played the following week after a concussion

so both qbs should be out there

But Jahvid Best hasn't played since suffering a concussion against us almost a full year ago. He's been declared out for the season again and may have to retire.

I obviously don't expect that to be the case with Smith or Cutler. I'm not even convinced Alex suffered a concussion. The announcers said he looked foggy eyed or whatever, but what I saw was Alex sort of turn off because he was annoyed/angry that he was being pulled when he didn't believe he'd been concussed, but knew he couldn't argue it.

I expect they'll both be back next week.
Originally posted by mug0mug:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
joe staley played the following week after a concussion

so both qbs should be out there

But Jahvid Best hasn't played since suffering a concussion against us almost a full year ago. He's been declared out for the season again and may have to retire.

I obviously don't expect that to be the case with Smith or Cutler. I'm not even convinced Alex suffered a concussion. The announcers said he looked foggy eyed or whatever, but what I saw was Alex sort of turn off because he was annoyed/angry that he was being pulled when he didn't believe he'd been concussed, but knew he couldn't argue it.

I expect they'll both be back next week.

JB has had a history of concussions

however, you illustrate that point of concussions being different for every player
The Bears and Texans don't overwhelm by any stretch of the imagination. The 49er D seems to start slow. We could have won the Ram game but lucky to come out with a tie.
last year alex had a concussion against dallas he played the following week against the bengals
nfl network bottom ticker stated

"Jay cutler left game with concussion"

"Alex smith left game with concussion like symptoms"

so not the same thing?
Maybe gentlemen's agreement between Harbaugh & Lovie Smith to play the backups only and preserve the starting QBs for more important games?
Anyone think THIS is the game we activate Jacobs??

Those 4th and 1 plays should both have been to Brandon, not Smith & Gore.
No matter who starts, we win this game by 10 points or more.
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
Anyone think THIS is the game we activate Jacobs??

Those 4th and 1 plays should both have been to Brandon, not Smith & Gore.

actually with Alex situation for next week's game...it might lower Jacob's chances even more than zero. If Alex makes it, for sure I doubt Jacobs makes it.

I'm sure they will activate Tolzien no matter what next week. If Alex is able to play, I'm sure they will not take chances of the hard hitting Bears re-injuring Alex...with us only having Kaep at QB again.

but seriously someone asked who our secret backup QB was for this game against the Rams...someone said they think it might be Crabtree....what about ICE Sopoaga? dude has an arm.

maybe it would've been someone we could run a full time Wildcat...Kyle Williams?
[ Edited by Afrikan on Nov 12, 2012 at 12:38 AM ]
Niners can move into a bye position with a win over the Bears--and the tie really helps more than a loss. Beating the Bears will be huge for the rest of the season. This is the biggest game of the year so far.
Originally posted by sfninerfanMax:
Niners can move into a bye position with a win over the Bears--and the tie really helps more than a loss. Beating the Bears will be huge for the rest of the season. This is the biggest game of the year so far.

especially after the Giants also losing...it gives us some cushion. Gota watch those Seahawks though.