WT: 285
POS: DT
Tkl 35 Solo 28
Sack 0
Int 0
FF 0
TD 0

Player Analysis
Smith was the gold standard at the 3-4 defensive end position, but that distinction may very well belong to Watt now. Smith might have taken a baby step backwards from 2011 to now, but the level at which he has been playing before this year was truly remarkable.

Still, Smith isn't going away any time soon and remains one of the league's best defensive players.

20. Patrick Willis
DOB: 1/25/85
HT: 6-1
WT: 240
POS: LB
Tkl 65
Solo 48
Sack 0
Int 1
FF 1
TD 0

Player Analysis
As noted on this list, there is an excellent wave of younger second-level defenders that have come on strong in the NFL recently.

But Willis remains the standard for 3-4 inside linebackers or 4-3 'backers because of his great pass coverage skills, recognition abilities, blitz prowess and, of course, his ability in the run game.

35. NaVorro Bowman

DOB: 5/28/88
HT: 6-0
WT: 242

Tkl 68
Solo 42
Sack 2.0
Int 1
FF 0
TD 0

Player Analysis

An argument can be made that Bowman is superior to Willis, but Willis' body of work right now is more impressive.

Bowman has rare range for the position and looks like he is shot out of a cannon when he gets his sights set on his target.

49. Vernon Davis

DOB: 1/31/84
HT: 6-3
WT: 250
POS: TE

Rec 25
Yds 374
Avg 15.0
Long 53
TD 3

Player Analysis

Defending San Francisco's offense is a difficult task, but defenses are starting to do everything possible to take Davis out of the equation and force Alex Smith to throw to the perimeter to his wide receivers.

That is a wise strategy, as Davis is a great all-around tight end. Although he hasn't put up tremendous numbers, he is making a positive impact every week.

They have Frank Gore, Mike Iupati and Aldon Smith as honorable mention.
I bet Jim Harbaugh makes it into the top 50 coaches too!

If only the whole football world knew what Frank Gore embodies as a football player and how valuable he is to the team. Then this world would be a better place. Won't even look at the list since Gore isnt in the top 20.

We are so lucky to have him as the leader of this team.
Originally posted by ninermedic:

No Goldson or Gire?? Wack
Haven't checked it out but guessing that the list shows the usual bias towards offence. Two of the finest D in the league don't get a mention until nearly half way through.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
No Tolz? list is invalid.
Originally posted by Marsh:
Originally posted by Milkman:
Originally posted by ninermedic:

Hahaha

You're right, considering how much the media loves to hate him he might not even make it in the top 100.
I find it interesting that Von Miller is number 7 and Aldon Smith with virtually identical numbers is not listed. Hmmm
I would like to see where Dashon Golson is as far as top 50 or 100....... I believe by the end of the season he should be top 50.......

Originally posted by LBSI9ers:
I find it interesting that Von Miller is number 7 and Aldon Smith with virtually identical numbers is not listed. Hmmm

I agree. That is ridiculous. The media is in love with Von Moller while Aldon has been at least as good if not better.
Originally posted by Marsh:
Originally posted by PrimeTime:
No Goldson or Gire?? Wack

this...I thought gore for sore

even if sore

Originally posted by AB83Rules:
19. Justin Smith
DOB: 9/30/79
HT: 6-4
WT: 285
POS: DT
Tkl 35 Solo 28
Sack 0
Int 0
FF 0
TD 0

Player Analysis
Smith was the gold standard at the 3-4 defensive end position, but that distinction may very well belong to Watt now. Smith might have taken a baby step backwards from 2011 to now, but the level at which he has been playing before this year was truly remarkable.

Still, Smith isn't going away any time soon and remains one of the league's best defensive players.

20. Patrick Willis
DOB: 1/25/85
HT: 6-1
WT: 240
Tkl 65
Solo 48
Sack 0
Int 1
FF 1
TD 0

Player Analysis
As noted on this list, there is an excellent wave of younger second-level defenders that have come on strong in the NFL recently.

But Willis remains the standard for 3-4 inside linebackers or 4-3 'backers because of his great pass coverage skills, recognition abilities, blitz prowess and, of course, his ability in the run game.

35. NaVorro Bowman

DOB: 5/28/88
HT: 6-0
WT: 242

Tkl 68
Solo 42
Sack 2.0
Int 1
FF 0
TD 0

Player Analysis

An argument can be made that Bowman is superior to Willis, but Willis' body of work right now is more impressive.

Bowman has rare range for the position and looks like he is shot out of a cannon when he gets his sights set on his target.

49. Vernon Davis

DOB: 1/31/84
HT: 6-3
WT: 250
POS: TE

Rec 25
Yds 374
Avg 15.0
Long 53
TD 3

Player Analysis

Defending San Francisco's offense is a difficult task, but defenses are starting to do everything possible to take Davis out of the equation and force Alex Smith to throw to the perimeter to his wide receivers.

That is a wise strategy, as Davis is a great all-around tight end. Although he hasn't put up tremendous numbers, he is making a positive impact every week.

They have Frank Gore, Mike Iupati and Aldon Smith as honorable mention.

NO link? No aldon smith?

Not valid list
When Gore continues to have 100 yard days on 15 carries, they will remember him.
Dumb list
Share 49ersWebzone