There are 91 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Second half of the season - what to expect?

Originally posted by Yunchang:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
Alex smith to keep putting up mediacore numbers

Mediacore? Those numbers must be huge!

I believe the media core located in NY is also referred to as part of the East Coast Bias!

So basically your saying Alex is going to put up Eli Manning type numbers.

already has the same amount of TD throws as him
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
already has the same amount of TD throws as him

Not a question during the season--but, in the playoffs, can Smith throw wild passes that WRs catch with one hand on top of their helmets?

LOL. Never in this offense, my friend!
Originally posted by NCommand:

LOL. Never in this offense, my friend!

Ok. Maybe Archie?
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
We've got to continue to build Alex's confidence up building up to the playoffs. Keep it simple and cut down with the dang Wild Kap.
Originally posted by mayo49:
We've got to continue to build Alex's confidence up building up to the playoffs. Keep it simple and cut down with the dang Wild Kap.

i dont think it has anything to with confidence as much as rythem but ya i agree

we have stopped using them
Frank Gore!!! Frank Gore!!! and MORE FRANK GORE!!!
Apparently f**king ties
Ties, ties and more f***ing ties.
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Apparently f**king ties

LOL...yes, didn't see this one coming! If you had this down for a Vegas bet...wow!
What I hope to see-

1. Taking advantage of our weapons more in the passing game. We have enough on offense to get on top of teams quickly by 14 +. It seems there is no concerted effort to get anyone involved in the offense except for Gore/Hunter. I don't know of any other team that seems to be content to allow guys to take away their key players in the way we allow teams to take away Vernon Davis.

2. Crushing guys we should beat. Time to walk into games with the attitude of putting you out of the game before it even gets going.

3. Better in game adjustments when we are getting gashed by one or two players.

4. Special Teams- Special request for one week only. EVERY punt should be directional and out of bounds next week. Every single one (we play the Bears).

All in all, I'm satisfied with the team overall. The team I am most worried about (the Giants) has looked as bad as us at times. If we play our best against Atlanta at their best, we should beat them. No other team in the NFC truly scares/concerns me. The AFC only has the Texans at the moment. The Ravens are a top team, but aren't the same on defense as they were a year ago. If we can get some consistency and a little more intermediate and deep passing (teams don't have to defend the entire field even though we have the players to make them do so) coupled with more runs/screens verses the teams with a strong pass rush and we should secure at least a first round bye and return to the championship game.
I expect more frustration and inconsistency. Numerous guys (Akers, Carlos, J. Smith, Ice) had career years in 2011 and now they have come back to the norm.
Well. What a difference a Kapernick makes.
Kap & Smith Sandwiches
12-3-1.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home