LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 169 users in the forums

Second half of the season - what to expect?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
.......and yes I think Alex Smith will be holding the Superbowl Trophy this year!
My prediction....Pain!!! I'm thinking we match our record from the first half of the season and finish 12-4. We get a first round bye in the playoffs, beat the Giants in the divisional round, demolish the falcons in the NFCCG and open a can on the overrated texans I'm the SB!!
An improved offense
Alex smith to keep putting up mediacore numbers
My prediction....Pain!!! I'm thinking we match our record from the first half of the season and finish 12-4. We get a first round bye in the playoffs, beat the Giants in the divisional round, demolish the falcons in the NFCCG and open a can on the overrated texans I'm the SB!!
Honestly, offensive progression in the passing game is only thing I'm concerned about.

I know the defense will be violent come playoff time, and special teams will be good enough.

The beautiful thing as I said before this season started is that we will be facing a lot of the good NFC teams in the regular season this year, compared to last year. Last year, the Giants faced all the good NFC teams (sans Bears) in the regular season.

This will help in preparation, especially with a team like Chicago which is still a wild card in the figurative sense.
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Alex will play well against the bad teams and we will win

Alex will play average to bad against the good teams and we will lose

I just hope our Defense plays lights out for 3-4 games in a row in the playoffs.
13-3 - Superbowl win
Originally posted by genz22:
I predict 6-2 for a season of 12-4. I expect the offense to continue to improve. One game that worries me is New Orleans. We seem to struggle in Dome games.

Get some sleep!
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:

All we need from Alex is for him to be the next Trent Dilfer. THAT IS ALL!

Originally posted by 49erswillbeback:

All we need from Alex is for him to be the next Trent Dilfer. THAT IS ALL!

Haha... well considering Dilfer was a 59% completion guy with 12 TDs 11 INTs and 1,500 yds passing? Yeah... think Alex can handle that and then some.

Mediacore? Those numbers must be huge!
Originally posted by Yunchang:

I believe the media core located in NY is also referred to as part of the East Coast Bias!

Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Yunchang:

I believe the media core located in NY is also referred to as part of the East Coast Bias!

So basically your saying Alex is going to put up Eli Manning type numbers.
Share 49ersWebzone