There are 131 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Second half of the season - what to expect?

I'm pretty happy with a 6-2 record heading into the second half of the season. Why wouldn't I be? Yeah, the Vikings and Giants games blew, but I kind of have a feeling that those are the types of games that are needed for reflection and bringing everyone a dose of reality. I think a big reason why no one has ever matched the '72 Dolphins is because at some point, regular or post season, there is a general let down rule. Hopefully we have had ours. As for the rest of the season, here's what I see:

4 games in the division. I see us with a 3-1 record after those games. I, like the rest of you, think the SEA game will be by far the toughest, but if somehow we crap out a game to AZ or STL, then I see a more determined effort in SEA. Either way, I don't see more than one loss in division games.

We have MIA, CHI,NO, and NE. Tough, especially since NE and NO are away. I am confident in the MIA game and really feel pretty good about CHI at home on Monday night. Homer? Maybe, I just don't think the Bears have had any super tough games yet. NE is a good matchup for us (I believe we would have smushed them in the Super Bowl), but you never know. NO can score with the best of them, but their D is like a sieve. Again, looking at these games, I would say 3-1.

Best guess? 12-4 at the end of the season with the #2 seed. Am I being overly optimistic? I certainly can't see worse than 10-6 (which would be a big let down by itself). Thoughts?
I expect 7-1, beating all da top dogs of the league, CHI, NO, NE & loosing a trap game or one of the last few that don't mean anything. Go ninners(!)
superbowl
Wins
14-2
Well I picked 12-4 so I'm gonna stick with that, 6-2 to close it out.
8 more games
Originally posted by goldstandard333:
Well I picked 12-4 so I'm gonna stick with that, 6-2 to close it out.

I predicted a 14-2 record before the season started. I'm fine with this prediction. My 49er losses were suppose to come by the Seahawks and Patriots at their house. That could still happen but it wont (Seahawks not as good as I believed and Patriots will have a tough time stopping Frank Gore). I believe the 49ers will finish 14-2 and get the second seed because the Falcons have a very weak schedule.
Originally posted by 49erswillbeback:
I predicted a 14-2 record before the season started. I'm fine with this prediction. My 49er losses were suppose to come by the Seahawks and Patriots at their house. That could still happen but it wont (Seahawks not as good as I believed and Patriots will have a tough time stopping Frank Gore). I believe the 49ers will finish 14-2 and get the second seed because the Falcons have a very weak schedule.

What a year if you finish 14-2 and only get the second seed! Not impossible though.
I predict 16-0
They are getting better, by the end of the season I hope people start calling us a Machine.
Winning.
One word....CLINCH...
I predict 6-2 for a season of 12-4. I expect the offense to continue to improve. One game that worries me is New Orleans. We seem to struggle in Dome games.
5-3 down the stretch... SB victory.. ring # 6 !!!!