LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 216 users in the forums

Should the 49ers sign T.O to a one day contract and allow him to retire a 49er?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I love T.O
Originally posted by Psinex:
He's not an all-time great 49er. Like others are saying, he was a disgrace outside of his rookie year. Just because he played during the tail end of the dynasty doesn't mean he was part of it. He called our QB at the time a homo and then forced a trade for Brandon Whiting, who was damaged goods when he arrived and never contributed anything. He is in his own private hell called child support and he can retire as a Cowboy for all I care.

Why is he not an all-time great 49er? Because you dont like him? He was a 4x Probowler as a Niner, as well as a 3x All-Pro. If ANY other 49er had this list of accomplishments, you would own his jersey. He absolutely is an all-time great 49er. If you think otherwise, it merely due to your personal hatred towards him.

And even though I have addressed this point many times, I still feel the need to repeat myself. You guys say TO did this, TO did that.....and that is either based on your lack of remembering what ACTUALLY happened, or you are just conditioned to think thats what happened because you dont like him.

Your two examples of why TO is a disgrace are both completely wrong.

1) TERRELL OWENS NEVER CALLED HIS QUARTERBACK A HOMO! What is so hard to understand about this? When TO responded to the question of whether or not he thought Garcia was gay or not, HE WAS A MEMBER OF THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES!!! But once again, you and other seem to see this event as the start of TO ripping this team apart....which is absolutely absurd.

2) Terrell Owens REQUESTED a trade. Show me one source that says he demanded a trade. Just one. He requested a trade, and we granted it to him. This happens ALL THE TIME in professional sports, yet when TO does it, its viewed as the worst thing in the world.
No thanks. He was fun to watch and was a nice, humble kid when he first arrived, but then his ego grew and got in the way. Even with him being one of the best players on the Niners at that time, I was happy when they traded him and it would sicken me to ever see him be retired as a 49er. Karma has finally caught up to TO.
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
I love T.O

Three-legged Octopuss?
Tightly-clothed Obesity?
Tyranosaurus Oral?

I like all of these more than Terrell Owens, too.
I say yes, He was very talented, I always liked seeing his celebrations. I was very disappointed when he didn't make the Hawks this year, I was hoping he had a good last year.
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
Why is he not an all-time great 49er? Because you dont like him? He was a 4x Probowler as a Niner, as well as a 3x All-Pro. If ANY other 49er had this list of accomplishments, you would own his jersey. He absolutely is an all-time great 49er. If you think otherwise, it merely due to your personal hatred towards him.

And even though I have addressed this point many times, I still feel the need to repeat myself. You guys say TO did this, TO did that.....and that is either based on your lack of remembering what ACTUALLY happened, or you are just conditioned to think thats what happened because you dont like him.

1) TERRELL OWENS NEVER CALLED HIS QUARTERBACK A HOMO! What is so hard to understand about this? When TO responded to the question of whether or not he thought Garcia was gay or not, HE WAS A MEMBER OF THE PHILADELPHIA EAGLES!!! But once again, you and other seem to see this event as the start of TO ripping this team apart....which is absolutely absurd.

2) Terrell Owens REQUESTED a trade. Show me one source that says he demanded a trade. Just one. He requested a trade, and we granted it to him. This happens ALL THE TIME in professional sports, yet when TO does it, its viewed as the worst thing in the world.

January 12, 2003 By Mike Triplett -- Bee Staff Writer SANTA CLARA -- It was one year ago tomorrow when Terrell Owens called his agent from the losing 49ers' locker room in Green Bay and told him to "get me the (expletive) out of (San Francisco)."
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

January 12, 2003 By Mike Triplett -- Bee Staff Writer SANTA CLARA -- It was one year ago tomorrow when Terrell Owens called his agent from the losing 49ers' locker room in Green Bay and told him to "get me the (expletive) out of (San Francisco)."

So him having a conversation with his agent is now being looked at as forcing an organization to trade him? Ok. I disagree.

So him having a conversation with his agent is now being looked at as forcing an organization to trade him? Ok. I disagree.

You are too much
You are too much

Haha well I just like Terrell Owens. I know he is an attention whore, but has gotten a terrible rap over the years. We have players who have murdered people, gotten arrested countless times and are criminals in the NFL. Yet people view TO as the worst person in the world. I dont like that. I appreciate his talents on the field, and recognize that he is one of the best players to ever put on a 49er uniform. Thats all.

You are too much

Haha well I just like Terrell Owens. I know he is an attention whore, but has gotten a terrible rap over the years. We have players who have murdered people, gotten arrested countless times and are criminals in the NFL. Yet people view TO as the worst person in the world. I dont like that. I appreciate his talents on the field, and recognize that he is one of the best players to ever put on a 49er uniform. Thats all.
I still love T.O too
he would have to ask very nicely.
Only if Jeff Garcia signs for one day too, and Owens has to get on his hands and knees, dressed like a clown, hold Jeff's hand and cry "That's my Quarterback!".
  • lazy
  • Veteran
no

Meh, i think the rap was warranted. Where there is smoke there is fire, and there certainly seemed to be a lot of smoke at every one of TO's stops. But i guess that was just the media's doing. I don't view him as the worst person in the world, I just view him as an whiny, childish, insufferable, selfish douche. I certainly enjoyed watching him play while he was here and I certainly enjoyed watching his *ss get traded out of SF for peanuts. I won't argue with you on his talents on the field though, he was pretty special in that area.
[ Edited by Hoovtrain on Nov 8, 2012 at 4:06 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone