LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 262 users in the forums

Should the 49ers sign T.O to a one day contract and allow him to retire a 49er?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Axl49
  • Veteran
Yes HELL YES
That only happens for players that respected the organization and their teammates...

T.O. can rot in the United Football League of North American Professional Indoor American Football Organization
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
Out of that entire list, not a whole lot had to do with the 49ers. And even the things that did, are certainly not as big of a deal as you or anyone makes them out to be. So he signed a football. He grabbed some pom poms. He ran to the star. Big deal.

I mean look at some of the things on that list. He "mocked Ray Lewis by doing his dance?" Come on. Players do this all the time. He was in a "controversial skit" before MNF? Did he write the skit?

The media is obsessed with TO. Everything is completely blown out of proportion, and thus has created this image of a bad person. Oh well. You guys hate him, thats fine. I choose to like him because, as a 49er, dude was amazing and no where near the distraction that most of you claim. It wasnt until after he left that he became a big distraction....and even then, not nearly as big as he is made out to be.

You, sir...are simple minded. You pointed out the least significant points from that list. The guy was selfish and publicly undermined our coaches and quarterback. He was a cancer...plain and simple. You honour players that set an example and represent what the organization is all about...if you think T.O represented the NIners in any way, you need to find a new team.
Suggestion :

Originally posted by Canadian49er:
You, sir...are simple minded. You pointed out the least significant points from that list. The guy was selfish and publicly undermined our coaches and quarterback. He was a cancer...plain and simple. You honour players that set an example and represent what the organization is all about...if you think T.O represented the NIners in any way, you need to find a new team.

Calling another poster simple minded? You need a break.
not just no. F*CK NO. And give your friends a kick in the d*ckmeat for asking.
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
was it necessary to get personal about this with him, just because you passionately disagree?

I just wanted clarification as to why someone is calling an all time great 49er a disgrace. There has to be some sort of personal vendetta to call him a disgrace.

Originally posted by cciowa:
he did worse. he ripped apart the niner family. of course it is never his fault but if you can not see he is a team wrecker who has to have the spotlight on him,, well i do not know. and if you want to start in who is second and third best. i would take john taylor, freddie soloman and gene washington over owens any day of the week

There is no doubt that TO likes the spotlight. That I can agree with you on. Team wrecker is something that I dont. Its all about how you perceive his situations, rather than what actually happened.

As far as taking John Taylor, Freddie Soloman or Gene Washington over Owens.......TO is a surefire Hall of Famer, while the three you mentioned arent even close. So the fact that you would take an inferior WR shows your bias and dislike for the guy overshadows everything.

He's not an all-time great 49er. Like others are saying, he was a disgrace outside of his rookie year. Just because he played during the tail end of the dynasty doesn't mean he was part of it. He called our QB at the time a homo and then forced a trade for Brandon Whiting, who was damaged goods when he arrived and never contributed anything. He is in his own private hell called child support and he can retire as a Cowboy for all I care.
No.
He didn't/doesn't represent what it was/is to be a 49er. He didn't want to be a 49er when the time came.
No. Really the only reason to do this is for the fans and most Niner fans hate TO.
[ Edited by Yunchang on Nov 8, 2012 at 3:15 PM ]
Originally posted by Yunchang:
No. Really the only reason to do this is for the fans and most Niner fans hate TO.

BOOM

Originally posted by WRATHman44:

BOOM

POW
Originally posted by verb1der:

BOOM

POW

BIFF
Originally posted by Canadian49er:
Out of that entire list, not a whole lot had to do with the 49ers. And even the things that did, are certainly not as big of a deal as you or anyone makes them out to be. So he signed a football. He grabbed some pom poms. He ran to the star. Big deal.

I mean look at some of the things on that list. He "mocked Ray Lewis by doing his dance?" Come on. Players do this all the time. He was in a "controversial skit" before MNF? Did he write the skit?

The media is obsessed with TO. Everything is completely blown out of proportion, and thus has created this image of a bad person. Oh well. You guys hate him, thats fine. I choose to like him because, as a 49er, dude was amazing and no where near the distraction that most of you claim. It wasnt until after he left that he became a big distraction....and even then, not nearly as big as he is made out to be.

First of all, theres no need for insults. Secondly, you can say he was a "cancer" all you want, but the fact of the matter is, that label wasnt put on TO until he was gone. He didnt undermine our quarterback. Not once. As far as "undermining" our coaches, he didnt do anything different than what other all time greats did while they were on the 49ers. Terrell Owens' "sideline blowups" were no different than what the great Jerry Rice did regularly. TO's quote about Steve Mariucci about the Bears game was no different than what Ronnie Lott said about Bill Walsh.

Bottom line is, people are conditioned to think that some of the things TO did were unacceptable and a disgrace, yet are no different than the things that some of the players you idolize did.
Perhaps the biggest reminder this thread poses is how long it's been since we've had an ultra dominant wide receiver.

And don't make this about Alex Smith either.....Crabtree and Manningham are IMHO not in the top 10 of NFL receivers today, and definitely not top 3-5, which TO easily was in his prime.

One day we'll get a top 5 WR.
Originally posted by verb1der:

BOOM

POW

BIFF

f**k TO!
Share 49ersWebzone