There are 341 users in the forums

Should the 49ers sign T.O to a one day contract and allow him to retire a 49er?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by English:
For clarification, there are players that I wish the team to have nothing further to do with. Charles Haley is one, although I recognise him as a great player. Bill Romanowski is another, though I recognise him as a very good football player.

There is no hate in my heart for TO. But I don't see why he should wish to retire as a 49er. Had we brought him back for a final year I may have felt differently but we didn't.

I can appreciate the fact that you can separate your personal dislike for a player and how you view them in terms of talent level. Not everyone seems to be able to do that.
no
T.O left on a bad note to say the least...but come on man I can remember some awsome times watching him play and all the confedence and swag was cool while it lasted. It ened like a bad relationship and let's face it when that happens its ez to remember only the bad but every one makes mistakes. I know iv had my fare share so yeah with a full apoligy and if he took full responsibility for his actions I would def. Consider it but that's only if we needed him and let's face it right now we don't.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
For clarification, there are players that I wish the team to have nothing further to do with. Charles Haley is one, although I recognise him as a great player. Bill Romanowski is another, though I recognise him as a very good football player.

There is no hate in my heart for TO. But I don't see why he should wish to retire as a 49er. Had we brought him back for a final year I may have felt differently but we didn't.
we bought haley back and that showed me the team had mended ways with him. plus he was pretty decent for us in the playoffs. romo is another story. i never had any dislike for sanders and ricky watters like some do. they left us for more money and nothing wrong with that. i do think the eagles did not have the solid structure we had and i do not think watters would have made comments with us that he did in philly that got him ran out of town
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:

I can appreciate the fact that you can separate your personal dislike for a player and how you view them in terms of talent level. Not everyone seems to be able to do that.
ok he is a talented wide out. that said, he is a selfish, over rated(due to his drops) victim who never takes responsibility for his mistakes and then , like his protectors, rolls out the shock and awe campaign when people actually call him out on it. someone like him should never be welcomed back here
I'm fine with him retiring a Niner.
But... but... but...

http://www.terrellowensdefense.org/

• Jiks
T.O's legacy to me was the Catch 2 and then nothing but him being a distraction. That's kind of sad, but it's true. Back in the day, I thought the signing of the football was genius and loved it. But his act got old quickly. Even when he was a great WR on my team I couldn't help but just s.m.h at his antics. T.B.H i wasn't sad to see him go besides the fact I expect more than getting absolutely nothing in return.

Just a small sample size but would you want an Dez Bryant playing for us? T.O was much better, but as far as off the field and crazy antics he's right there. It was always something. After having guys with class for so long on this organization, especially at his position, he kind of spit on this franchise and it's cherished history. It was all about T.O. nothing else. And to me, I really didn't like that, even when he was playing for us.
  • MarkD
  • Veteran
NO he was never a true 49er. His heart was not in SF
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MarkD:
NO he was never a true 49er. His heart was not in SF

he had no love for anyone but himself and the way his career ended deserves him right. you burn your bridges, you reap what you sew or sow

• Nes49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
But... but... but...

http://www.terrellowensdefense.org/

Wow.
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Just a small sample size but would you want an Dez Bryant playing for us? T.O was much better, but as far as off the field and crazy antics he's right there.

So you are now comparing a guy who was caught stealing jewelry and beating his mother to a guy who has never once had a problem with the law?

SMH.
  • Jiks
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Just a small sample size but would you want an Dez Bryant playing for us? T.O was much better, but as far as off the field and crazy antics he's right there.

So you are now comparing a guy who was caught stealing jewelry and beating his mother to a guy who has never once had a problem with the law?

SMH.
Not comparing anything... Talking about distractions... I only used Dez to make a point that distractions can ruin a talented player. A player with all the talent in the world, just not the mind to stay humble, and do what's best for the team. As I said Owens was a distraction. And that had bearings on the team and himself. Byant is a distraction and that is having bearings on his team and himself.
No way - no how.

Let the scumbag retire as a Cowboy or an Eagle.
one word, YES!
Share 49ersWebzone