LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 288 users in the forums

Speculation: Could Harbaugh be making Jacobs suffer in idle because of the leak?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Leak? What did I miss?
Mods gotta lock this up. This title is assuming, misleading, and above all, false according to all current knowledge.

did any of the reporters ask harbaugh about jacobs playing time during the press conference or did they ask a bunch of useless waste of questions again?
Originally posted by schmons:
did any of the reporters ask harbaugh about jacobs playing time during the press conference or did they ask a bunch of useless waste of questions again?

I was hoping Murph and Mac would ask him but they have zero balls. I think they're afraid of him actually.
[ Edited by AXEGRINDER on Nov 7, 2012 at 4:54 PM ]
Hey, I like this thread, it's kinda free and open ended, we can speculate as to why Jacobs does't play, is it the mystery leak, or does he secretly suck, or is he really just an insurance policy like the front office said when they signed him...I you lock it we will never know...
There has never, ever been any indication, rumor, or report that there was info leaked from Jacobs to the Giants.

Titling it "because of the leak" should be changed to "because of a possible leak".

If not, shut this thing down. It's stirring up a non-existent story for no reason. This is worse than the media.
Originally posted by Marsh:
Originally posted by RonMexico:
Kaep > Alex

damn right
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
No, if coach thought there was a leak, he would, cut or trade him instantly. I think this has more to do with assistant head coach Sealy, and special teams. He lost Blake Casanzo, and needs Dixon on special teams. If LMJ had shown from the start that he could return kicks offs, punts, and line up at slot receiver, I think both Ginn, and Williams would be gone from the game day roster, and one would more than likely be off the team.Having two non-starters eat up roster space just to return kicks is killing Jacobs chances with this team.

I don't think we will have Jacobs, Williams, James, and Ginn on the roster next season.

James will stay for sure
Originally posted by NTeply49:
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
No, if coach thought there was a leak, he would, cut or trade him instantly. I think this has more to do with assistant head coach Sealy, and special teams. He lost Blake Casanzo, and needs Dixon on special teams. If LMJ had shown from the start that he could return kicks offs, punts, and line up at slot receiver, I think both Ginn, and Williams would be gone from the game day roster, and one would more than likely be off the team.Having two non-starters eat up roster space just to return kicks is killing Jacobs chances with this team.

I don't think we will have Jacobs, Williams, James, and Ginn on the roster next season.

James will stay for sure

Me to, I ment we won't have all of them.
Short-yardage stats explain why Jacobs still sitting

http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2012/11/08/the-stats-explain-why-jacobs-is-still-sitting/

Why in the world haven't the 49ers used short-yardage behemoth Brandon Jacobs this season? The 264-pound back referred that question to Jim Harbaugh this week, but the answer can be found in the numbers: The 49ers are doing just fine in short-yardage situations without him.

San Francisco has converted 9 of 13 opportunities (69.2) when its called run plays on third- or fourth-and-short (two yards or fewer) situations this season. In fact, the 49ers have collected first downs on nine of their past 10 such short-yardage situations, including seven in a row.

(also has a good breakdown in the link)

Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Short-yardage stats explain why Jacobs still sitting

http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2012/11/08/the-stats-explain-why-jacobs-is-still-sitting/

Why in the world haven't the 49ers used short-yardage behemoth Brandon Jacobs this season? The 264-pound back referred that question to Jim Harbaugh this week, but the answer can be found in the numbers: The 49ers are doing just fine in short-yardage situations without him.

San Francisco has converted 9 of 13 opportunities (69.2) when its called run plays on third- or fourth-and-short (two yards or fewer) situations this season. In fact, the 49ers have collected first downs on nine of their past 10 such short-yardage situations, including seven in a row.

(also has a good breakdown in the link)

This confirmed what I was seeing from the game without looking at the numbers. We've been good on 3rd and short lately. Most likely the main reason Jacobs isn't seeing anytime so far. Good by the offense
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Jacobs is a 260 pound b***h

YEP!
Cut Brandon Jacobs and Save some Cap Space for Next Season..Idk why we signed him in the first Place
Originally posted by sacniner:
Yeah, it's a bye week

Yeah I'm losing the little I had left. Over here.
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
Mods gotta lock this up. This title is assuming, misleading, and above all, false according to all current knowledge.

Being my thread I think it is time to stop the madness. I was fun fodder to peddle but I think its run it's short course.
Share 49ersWebzone