vs. NO
@ ATL
@ BAL
vs. PHI

4-4, 5-3?
whoa, they got a pretty tough schedule.
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Originally posted by 4evrfan:
Still don't get the LMJ pick. If Hunter is to be the featured back, a better complement would have been more of a power, change of pace guy than a runner like LMJ. And what of Jacobs? So far, a superfluous addition. Maybe they're saving him for the second half of the season? When you don't even suit up your top picks, it does raise some questions, and let's face it, neither of them impressed much in camp and preseason. But I digress; back to Hunter. I do believe he has what it takes to be the featured guy, but with a little more "spell time" than Gore has needed. Not necessarily a platoon system, but definitely using our backup a tad more than we do now. Let's hope LMJ develops into that guy, but I think he needs to add at least 10-15 lbs.

Gore-Hunter-James in 2013, Hunter-James in 2014.

Honestly, if that's the scenario its kind of a wasted pick as you can usually find serviceable RB's in every draft.
Originally posted by bzborow1:
Originally posted by 4evrfan:
Still don't get the LMJ pick. If Hunter is to be the featured back, a better complement would have been more of a power, change of pace guy than a runner like LMJ. And what of Jacobs? So far, a superfluous addition. Maybe they're saving him for the second half of the season? When you don't even suit up your top picks, it does raise some questions, and let's face it, neither of them impressed much in camp and preseason. But I digress; back to Hunter. I do believe he has what it takes to be the featured guy, but with a little more "spell time" than Gore has needed. Not necessarily a platoon system, but definitely using our backup a tad more than we do now. Let's hope LMJ develops into that guy, but I think he needs to add at least 10-15 lbs.

Gore-Hunter-James in 2013, Hunter-James in 2014.

Honestly, if that's the scenario its kind of a wasted pick as you can usually find serviceable RB's in every draft.

Myth. They can be found there, but there are teams that go decades without a good one. The Niners don't need just one...they use a STABLE of really good backs.

If they had taken him in the first half of round one I might agree it was a waste...but at the end of the second?

I got no problem with that.
Originally posted by Marvin49:
I really like Kendall, but he just doesn't have Franks vision. Kendall is more explosive and faster at this point, but Frank is just so SMOOOOTH and find that crack and it breaks WIDE open.

Kendall is good, but I'm not looking forward to Frank being gone.

You are correct there but let's be honest, WHO DOES? While Frank was a lot niftier and quicker in his young days, his vision is what took him to the next level. That and his ability to break tackles.

I don't know why people think LeSean McCoys grow on trees.

This.
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
The Giants aren't a concern either:

vs. PIT
@ CIN
vs. GB
@ WAS
vs. NO
@ ATL
@ BAL
vs. PHI

4-4, 5-3?
whoa, they got a pretty tough schedule.

the giants always start out hot and then flame out near the end of the year...and if they end up squeaking into the playoffs they make some miraculous run at the superbowl

A lot of rbs arent first rounders

elite rbs*
[ Edited by DonnieDarko on Nov 1, 2012 at 3:08 PM ]

Originally posted by phillychi:
I think it would be great if they used Hunter a bit like Darren Sproles some more. I like seeing both of them in the backfield together (Hunter and Gore), and if they spread Hunter our in the slot or wide sometimes just to add a new look for defenses I think it would work out well.

Been saying this since day 1. The guy gets 10+ yards on almost every sweep AND screen; we just rarely use him. Imagine him on a middle screen, check down, out wide (screen), etc. This guys has so much quickness, burst...he's electric and he's got great hands and his pass protection has gotten so much better. He is another guy that we just don't use enough (or properly) IMHO.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

A lot of rbs arent first rounders

elite rbs*

...and neither was James.
Share 49ersWebzone