There are 247 users in the forums

Kendall Hunter continues to impress

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Marvin49:
I really like Kendall, but he just doesn't have Franks vision. Kendall is more explosive and faster at this point, but Frank is just so SMOOOOTH and find that crack and it breaks WIDE open.

Kendall is good, but I'm not looking forward to Frank being gone.

This is true. I am sure that having Frank around is helping him develop his vision.
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Kendall Hunter continues to make the LMJ pick look like the second coming of the Dexter Carter pick!

Now there I disagree with you.

LaMichael will be just fine and he will know the offense backwards and forwards before he gets his first snap. He's gonna get his chance and reporters around the league will say stuff like, "woah, where did HE come from!?!"

Just watch. His time will come.

EDIT: oh yeah...and Dexter was a FIRST round pick.
[ Edited by Marvin49 on Oct 31, 2012 at 4:16 PM ]
I am very content with Hunter and LMJ as the future of our backfield in the post Gore world. Not that I wish to hasten Gore's exit by any means.
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
I am very content with Hunter and LMJ as the future of our backfield in the post Gore world. Not that I wish to hasten Gore's exit by any means.

...and I'm sure they will add another young back to that stable in the near future. Harbaugh loves his stable of RBs.
Best one-two punch since Hearst and Barlow in 2001, and this 2012 combination is better.
He's playing quality football.

He's been real close to breaking off a few very long runs. The future looks good with him.

LMJ will make a seamless transition when his comes. He'll be effective and WOW a lot of people.

We have to maintain our quality OLine to make it work. I'm confident JH/Baalke/Solari will do that.
Kendall starts next year.
Can you even imagine a backfield that features Hunter AND LMJ? WOW. A DC nightmare. 1 of them will be our 'sproles' player!!
Wow. How long has it been when Our Beloved Team is SO DEEP that our entire draft class does not need to take the field? Think about it. Already ready for the future. This coaching staff is nothing short of amazing.
Frank leans on his blockers much better and gets down low...bursts through for extra yards. Hunter is a bit more upright and in space runner. Very different but effective guys.

Has there ever been a team with five more diverse backs as this SF team? Gore, Hunter, Jacobs, Dixon and James? With Miller thrown in for fun.

Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Kendall Hunter continues to make the LMJ pick look like the second coming of the Dexter Carter pick!

Now there I disagree with you.

LaMichael will be just fine and he will know the offense backwards and forwards before he gets his first snap. He's gonna get his chance and reporters around the league will say stuff like, "woah, where did HE come from!?!"

Just watch. His time will come.

EDIT: oh yeah...and Dexter was a FIRST round pick.

IF, and that's a big if, LMJ adds some bulk maybe he'll pan out but he didn't look very good in preseason, Dexter at least got on the field with a very talented team!

LMJ may be better suited to slot receiver, ala Kyle Williams, if LMJ could return kicks, we could save money and roster space, by dumping williams and finn, that would be huge for this team, IF LMJ can up his kick return and receiving game.

Kendall is a much more complete back, running and blocking like he is twice his size!
[ Edited by GolittaCamper on Oct 31, 2012 at 7:16 PM ]
Originally posted by ace49ers:
The guy is coming along fine. The more touches he gets the better. And I feel that when he does take over from Gore, we'll see little drop off before he takes it to another level.
Agree. Kendall seems to just keep getting better and is so close to breaking a long one very soon.
What amazes me about Hunter is when he goes wide and there are defenders in his path and somehow he runs for 5+ yards every time.
He's really a great match for Frank. He's very fast outside which is a threat but if you need him to he can pound the rock. Does a decent job in pass protection as well.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
He'll be a 1200yd / year back once Gore retires.

doubtful, i don't think we'll have a "feature" back, LMJ and another rb will share carries

Time will tell but I think hunter has the ability to be a number 1 type back.

Now I do like the thought of a LMJ's/KH 1-2 punch but I think Hunter definitely has the skill set to be a bell cow back.

He's strong, quick and compact. Has good burst and is fully capable of running between the tackles.

Overall I'm really excited about the future of our backfield.
Share 49ersWebzone