LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 235 users in the forums

Kendall Hunter continues to impress

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Does anybody else feel like every time he touches the football he gains a big chunk of yards? I love this guy and I'm excited to see what he brings to our team in the future!!!
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Honestly I expected him to be a little better and look better than Gore this year and so far it hasn't happened. Franky G is still the man, and when Kendall is running the ball the difference is definitely noticeable.
Originally posted by McLovinAlexSmith:
Honestly I expected him to be a little better and look better than Gore this year and so far it hasn't happened. Franky G is still the man, and when Kendall is running the ball the difference is definitely noticeable.

Yup we go from the #2 YPC RB with a 5.5 average in the NFL to the #6 YPC RB with a 5.0 in the nfl. That's a drop off of .5 yards per carry.

We have the best 1-2 combo back situation in the NFL, imo. Hunter is performing very well, imo.
Arguably my favorite player on the team. Love his size and speed, wish Roman would get more creative with him in the passing game though.
He'll be a 1200yd / year back once Gore retires.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

agreed
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

doubtful, i don't think we'll have a "feature" back, LMJ and another rb will share carries
The guy is coming along fine. The more touches he gets the better. And I feel that when he does take over from Gore, we'll see little drop off before he takes it to another level.
If he bulks up a little bit I dont see why he cant be our feature back. reminds me of MJD..but quicker.
Originally posted by CityKing415:
If he bulks up a little bit I dont see why he cant be our feature back. reminds me of MJD..but quicker.

he can be, i just don't think we'll use him as one

Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
he can be, i just don't think we'll use him as one
I agree with that.. its not that he isnt capable. its just not our system
Hunter is a just a Beast. When his number is called, he just seems to keep producing decent yards. When Gore retires, Hunter will be a capable feature back for the short term. But he needs to bulk up and keep improving, unless the FO finds bigger options at RB(most likely the latter).
Boy oh boy he plays like a 1st rounder. Thats what you call premier scouting right there.
I really like Kendall, but he just doesn't have Franks vision. Kendall is more explosive and faster at this point, but Frank is just so SMOOOOTH and find that crack and it breaks WIDE open.

Kendall is good, but I'm not looking forward to Frank being gone.
Kendall Hunter continues to make the LMJ pick look like the second coming of the Dexter Carter pick!
Share 49ersWebzone