LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 405 users in the forums

Randy Moss 47yd TD Celebration

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Moss was a great signing!

Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by Baldie:
Moss isn't here to catch 25 TD's, we all know that. But every now and then he'll make a play. Thats all we need from him. This keeps him healthy for the playoffs.

Our WRs won't make it to years end if they constantly have to turn 5 yard routes to first downs or TDs

you mean like Rice, Taylor and to a lesser extent Owens used to do?

Yeah...they were pedestrians to say the least...
Originally posted by reasonable1:
Moss isn't here to catch 25 TD's, we all know that. But every now and then he'll make a play. Thats all we need from him. This keeps him healthy for the playoffs.

Our WRs won't make it to years end if they constantly have to turn 5 yard routes to first downs or TDs

What happened to our WRs last year, why did Mario sit out a game this year?

Uhhhhh this is football...people do get hurt.

Do you question why the Giants have at least 2 or 3 receivers on the shelf on a yearly basis?? What about Green Bay?? How about Dallas?? Houston maybe??

Come on dude...you're reaching for the moons around Saturn on this one.

Do you question why the Giants have at least 2 or 3 receivers on the shelf on a yearly basis?? What about Green Bay?? How about Dallas?? Houston maybe??

How is it a reach, they are receivers not running backs...and like those teams mentioned and more are nothing without their starters

WRs don't grow on trees
If there is one FA who everyone thinks is gone that I want back, it's Moss, he can keep teaching Crabs, Mario, AJ and Kyle. I would re-sign Moss, Ginn, Gooden, Grant, Delanie and either Sopoaga/RJF or Goldson
Vernon's block on this play was essential !!! Davis is a class act!! Great blocking! Our team is classy as any!

How is it a reach, they are receivers not running backs...and like those teams mentioned and more are nothing without their starters

WRs don't grow on trees

if Alex didn't throw those you'd be whining about how he never let's his receivers make plays. Just stop, you're embarrassing yourself.

WRs don't grow on trees

it is a reach because throughout the league every team has injuries and many are WRs.
as soon as he threw that block i called it. That just earned him some catches.

Harbaugh for you. Show you're about the team and the team will show they are about you.
[ Edited by 99problems on Nov 1, 2012 at 7:44 AM ]

Originally posted by jdt84_2:

WRs don't grow on trees

it is a reach because throughout the league every team has injuries and many are WRs.

So you are saying we can still maintain the ship without our starting crew ?

WRs don't grow on trees

I'm confused, are you complaining about Smith's decision making? or are you upset that Moss didn't slide to the ground like a p***y? How exactly do you think our WRs are being exposed to injury more than they should be?

The only WR on the field Monday night that got hurt was Larry Fitzgerald... going up for all those deep passes and landing on his head. He didn't catch any of them, and he got a concussion. Real slick.

I was glad to see Smith make high percentage passes to receivers that were in a position to put their shoulders down and pick up big gains. I don't see how that exposes them to injury any more than any other player on the field besides the kickers.
Originally posted by blm7754:

WRs don't grow on trees

I'm confused, are you complaining about Smith's decision making? or are you upset that Moss didn't slide to the ground like a p***y? How exactly do you think our WRs are being exposed to injury more than they should be?

The only WR on the field Monday night that got hurt was Larry Fitzgerald... going up for all those deep passes and landing on his head. He didn't catch any of them, and he got a concussion. Real slick.

I was glad to see Smith make high percentage passes to receivers that were in a position to put their shoulders down and pick up big gains. I don't see how that exposes them to injury any more than any other player on the field besides the kickers.

Running are receivers through gauntlets every time gives chance to an injury (they become RBs pretty much and they are not built like RBs)

The biggest complaint last year in the NFCCG was we didnt have receivers and it was pretty much due to injuries
Running are receivers through gauntlets every time gives chance to an injury (they become RBs pretty much and they are not built like RBs)

The biggest complaint last year in the NFCCG was we didnt have receivers and it was pretty much due to injuries

True. But they aren't running through the heart of the defense either. Our receiver's aren't being hit much by DL and LBs, they are being hit by safeties and corners. I think most people who've played the game realize that there is a big difference between getting hit out in space is very different than pounding it through the front 7.

Honestly, I haven't seen many big hits on our WRs this year. Davis, Walker, and Gore have taken some big hits, but they are tough dudes. Actually, I don't recall seeing one big hit on a WR. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Alex has not attempted many passes that have lead our WRs into trouble. That, and our WRs are VERY good at making people miss. Lot's of shoestring tackles and pushing out of bounds. Not the kind of stuff you worry about.

Do you have a specific play in mind?
Originally posted by blm7754:

True. But they aren't running through the heart of the defense either. Our receiver's aren't being hit much by DL and LBs, they are being hit by safeties and corners. I think most people who've played the game realize that there is a big difference between getting hit out in space is very different than pounding it through the front 7.

Honestly, I haven't seen many big hits on our WRs this year. Davis, Walker, and Gore have taken some big hits, but they are tough dudes. Actually, I don't recall seeing one big hit on a WR. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Alex has not attempted many passes that have lead our WRs into trouble. That, and our WRs are VERY good at making people miss. Lot's of shoestring tackles and pushing out of bounds. Not the kind of stuff you worry about.

Do you have a specific play in mind?

Most of AS passes are to the sideline so there are no plays in mind, but seeing Moss take it back to the inside with a DLinemen right behind him would have been aweful if that DLinemen had speed like a Peppers or Wake.

i'm just being overly cautious because i dont want anything to prevent what could be a great year
Share 49ersWebzone