There are 145 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Is it just me or is Delanie Walker the cause of many drops & interceptions!?

I think the dude is trying too hard, needs to relax go through his assignments and execute. Let the game come to him. Hes shown that hes good enough when he does have the ball in hand, thats his only down side at the moment (catching the ball) for everything else the guy is great.
[ Edited by ace49ers on Nov 8, 2012 at 3:16 PM ]

Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
I have always thought of him as a hit or miss pass weapon. Guess he is being less overrated this year. Decent player as a # 2 TE, but not special either, IMHO. At least he has been getting good blocks in the run game, for the most part. I'd like to move on in the offseason though... but if he is inexpensive and improves during the second half of the season, that's something to reconsider.

As most player in our passing game, there's just not enough opportunity to display their best game. Still think he would make a perfect security blanket if he were on a team that passes more like NE or DEN.
"ball catching machine"
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 99problems:
Hope he has some money saved up.
He could be one of those players thats in the LG and producing one year. Out of the Lg and looking for work while still young.

What does LG (or Lg) mean?

Originally posted by buck:
Originally posted by 99problems:
Hope he has some money saved up.
He could be one of those players thats in the LG and producing one year. Out of the Lg and looking for work while still young.

What does LG (or Lg) mean?

lazy way to type LEAGUE ?
He stopped stealing Derek Loville's nickname?
I think he's doing great this year......alot better than last year IMO....pass catching.....run blocking....blocking after the play is downfield.....ALOT better than last year
1. Good blocker
2. WR threat
3. Special Teams

Just what you need from your #2 tight end.
1) Screens off well
2) Knows playbook better than most
3) Can be used as TE, HB, WR
4) Drops too many
5) Not a natural pass catcher
6) Injured too often (though last year was a fluke)

He needs to step up his game for the playoffs...can't be so unreliable. Really like him but...
Originally posted by 80849er4life:
I think he's doing great this year......alot better than last year IMO....pass catching.....run blocking....blocking after the play is downfield.....ALOT better than last year

I agree.
Originally posted by verb1der:
LOL, that's kanye, but close enough

That broken Jaw injury was too much of a Kanye coincidence. Maybe he's in the 808's and heart breaks stage of his football career
He's fine.
Originally posted by Fisherniner:
last year he was a ball catching machine... but this year he is a huge risk to throw to he drops a lot of passes. It seems to stem back to when he broke his jaw so I'm wondering what you guys think. Personally I think he is playing timid and trying to rush plays so he can avoid a major hit but thats just me.

Yeah, he was a "ball catching machine", literally went like half the season without a single catch....what a machine.

He's never been a reliable pass-catching threat, he made a few good catches last year, he also dropped some big passes, par for the course for him, that and fumbling the ball repeatedly for some reason. What you get from Walker is a guy that's essentially without a position, he's a good blocker, every now and then will make a catch downfield but he too easily gets shutdown by a single defensive back due to his height or lack of it.

If the 49ers can upgrade through the draft, they should do it, pick up a big, tall tight-end who can identify weak spots in the defense ala a Witten, Brent Celek or Brent Jones. VD is more of a straight-line, explosive threat, having a a #2 TE that can find the swiss cheese holes in the defense AND catch the ball would be a huge plus.

In B4, "he's a jack of all trades.......his talent is incalculable......his contributions to the team are priceless...blah...blah."
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Nov 9, 2012 at 11:06 AM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Yeah, he was a "ball catching machine", literally went like half the season without a single catch....what a machine.

He's never been a reliable pass-catching threat, he made a few good catches last year, he also dropped some big passes, par for the course for him, that and fumbling the ball repeatedly for some reason. What you get from Walker is a guy that's essentially without a position, he's a good blocker, every now and then will make a catch downfield but he too easily gets shutdown by a single defensive back due to his height or lack of it.

In B4, "he's a jack of all trades.......his talent is incalculable......his contributions to the team are priceless...blah...blah."

How would you analyze Delanie Walker's performance so far this year?

"Outstanding. Delanie, I call him Mr.Do-It-All. Not afraid to admit it. He does a tremendous amount in our run game, pass game, everything. He does it all. He carries a lot on his plate week in and week out and we rely on him a lot. He's a very dependable football player. Again, another guy that loves football, comes to work every day with a smile on his face and a great attitude ready to go. Great player." -- G-Ro