LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 198 users in the forums

Is it just me or is Delanie Walker the cause of many drops & interceptions!?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by sdaddy101269:
Originally posted by McLovinAlexSmith:
should have drafted Fleener.

Walker is MUCH MORE versatile, better blocker and fits what the team does.

Fleener catches the ball.
last year he was a ball catching machine... but this year he is a huge risk to throw to he drops a lot of passes. It seems to stem back to when he broke his jaw so I'm wondering what you guys think. Personally I think he is playing timid and trying to rush plays so he can avoid a major hit but thats just me.
I have always thought of him as a hit or miss pass weapon. Guess he is being less overrated this year. Decent player as a # 2 TE, but not special either, IMHO. At least he has been getting good blocks in the run game, for the most part. I'd like to move on in the offseason though... but if he is inexpensive and improves during the second half of the season, that's something to reconsider.
Ever since he got his jaw busted he hasnt been the same.
[ Edited by Eli_23 on Nov 8, 2012 at 1:59 PM ]
He is and inconsistent receiver. Makes very difficult catches and drops easy ones.

His blocking has been very good. I don't see him here next season.
He's doing the same, like he was doing last year. Blocking in the run game and sometimes going out for passes short and/or deep. Very versatile. G-Ro sounds like he like Delanie just fine.
opposite of VD

VD was to bulky and had to lean up to be a better pass catcher
DW was to lean and had to bulk up to a better blocker.

UNFORTUNATELY bulking up led to VD (early on) syndrome.
IMO
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
is he dating a kardashian by any chance?
he sleep
he copped too much butterfingers.

he had 19 catches last year
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
is he dating a kardashian by any chance?

LOL, that's kanye, but close enough
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
I have always thought of him as a hit or miss pass weapon. Guess he is being less overrated this year. Decent player as a # 2 TE, but not special either, IMHO. At least he has been getting good blocks in the run game, for the most part. I'd like to move on in the offseason though... but if he is inexpensive and improves during the second half of the season, that's something to reconsider.

This. He has always been inconsistent with catching the ball. He also seems to fumble quite a bit considering he doesn't touch the ball too often.
lol at this thread... is it sunday yet?
Hope he has some money saved up.
He could be one of those players thats in the LG and producing one year. Out of the Lg and looking for work while still young.
Share 49ersWebzone