LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 222 users in the forums

Is it just me or is Delanie Walker the cause of many drops & interceptions!?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
I have a love/hate relationship with this guy.

I totally have the same opinion. The guy can be a playmaker one day and a bum the next but I wouldn't exchange him as the second TE.
I don't have stats but it seems he drops one a game.

The catch off the tipped pass was excellent concentration on his part.
Before the band wagon success he had the hands that we wished VD would display but now... I cringe when the announcers say "To Delani Walker"

Love Lockdown Takeaways and Heartbreaks- Kanye Walker
My god man you used to be a WR in your past life. I know that we have you zone blocking half the game but Lawd you make me drink.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Godsleftsock:
Originally posted by McLovinAlexSmith:
I think VD has given him his old hands of stone that he used to have.

And can we please get VD the more.

Get VD the more!

doh
When he catches it he usually fumbled. Now he doesn't fumble but he doesn't catch it either.
Originally posted by McLovinAlexSmith:
should have drafted Fleener.

Walker is MUCH MORE versatile, better blocker and fits what the team does.
What the 49ers are missing is the prototypical receiving TE, the Brent Jones/Jason Witten kind of a guy that can find weak spots in the zone and make plays, work as a safety outlet for a quarterback. Vernon Davis is explosive but he's more of a straight line guy and...well, most people here know my feelings on Walker. I do think this is something that they could use to really push this offense forward if they continue to rely on the 2-TE sets as often. He's a free agent at the end of the season and I'd love for the 49ers to take a look at some guys out in the draft who can present big receiving targets in the middle of the field to go along with VD, Crabtree and Manningham.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Oct 30, 2012 at 2:30 PM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
What the 49ers are missing is the prototypical receiving TE, the Brent Jones/Jason Witten kind of a guy that can find weak spots in the zone and make plays, work as a safety outlet for a quarterback. Vernon Davis is explosive but he's more of a straight line guy and...well, most people here know my feelings on Walker. I do think this is something that they could use to really push this offense forward if they continue to rely on the 2-TE sets as often. He's a free agent at the end of the season and I'd love for the 49ers to take a look at some guys out in the draft who can present big receiving targets in the middle of the field to go along with VD, Crabtree and Manningham.

Fleener
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
he's been dropping a lot of balls lately, but he's essential to our running attack which is by far our best weapon.

Originally posted by 9erguy:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Fleener

Eric Johnson was like that too. A "sit down" in coverage guy. The jury is still out on Jenkins, who might be better in the long run than Fleener. Time will tell but I'm sure there will be other TEs like Fleener in this draft so no worries.
Originally posted by DaFaro49ers:
I don't know about you but when I'm watching these games, I swear Delanie walker tends to drop the ball way to much! Anybody else noticing this? Someone please find me the stats/facts to prove this argument!

Will put it this way. There's probably a high chance that if we are in the SB and lose by a single play? It will likely be Walker who f**ks the play up.

He's so hit or miss, it is scary. He gets those pop-blocks in the run game that can often help us.. he gets that crazy tipped pass, feet in bounds catch recovery (was an ironic shocker).. but I can rarely come away impressed by him as a receiving weapon.

He shouldn't be butchered or shot into space. He isn't an awful player.. but I say we go our separate ways in the offseason (he's a FA), and draft a good TE.
he sucks
I hate delanie walker, everything the ball goes his way I need to close my eyes. I completely agree that almost everytime he gets a look there's a drop or an int. I wish they had picked fleener instead of Jenkins.
Dropping a pass or two yes, causing ints', no.
Share 49ersWebzone