There are 130 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

7 yds rushing allowed against Ari....

Originally posted by ElDannMann:
Just for the record, our defense is better than last year.

In the past 5 games, we've only allowed one of those 5 teams to cross the endzone: the Giants.

Jets: 0 points
Bills: 3 points
Giants: 26 points
Seahawks: 6 points
Cardinals: 3 points

WOW

Just for the record, the Giants are the only team out of those 5 that have a legit QB and WR's.

In the past 5 games, we've only allowed one of those 5 teams to cross the endzone: the Giants.

WOW

yup that's insane

i dont care who we're facing, this is the NFL and it shouldn't be that easy
Originally posted by defenderDX:

WOW

Just for the record, the Giants are the only team out of those 5 that have a legit QB and WR's.

The Giants are the best team out of that group, that's obvious, they're the defending Super Bowl champs.

However, like DonnieDarko said, this is the NFL and it shouldn't be that easy.
LOL
49ers Team Defense Stats:

Points per Game Allowed: 12.9, #1 in the league
Passing Yards per Game Allowed: 184, #2 in the league
Yards per Attempt: 5.8, #1 in the league
Rushing Yards per Game Allowed: 87.4, #7 in the league
Yards per Attempt: 3.6, T-#2 in the league
Yards per Game Allowed: 271.4, #1 in the league

If that's not domination, I don't know what is.

WOW

The Giants are the best team out of that group, that's obvious, they're the defending Super Bowl champs.

However, like DonnieDarko said, this is the NFL and it shouldn't be that easy.

x2

Every team is a professional football team. To pull that off against anyone shouldn't be downplayed
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Championship.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
gotta be an NFL record, no??? That's insane.

Yeah, not even close. The NFL record for fewest rushing yards allowed in a game is -53, given up by the Chicago Cardinals in a game against the Detroit Lions in 1943. Incredibly, the Lions won the game 7-0.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Gore_21:

Yeah, not even close. The NFL record for fewest rushing yards allowed in a game is -53, given up by the Chicago Cardinals in a game against the Detroit Lions in 1943. Incredibly, the Lions won the game 7-0.

Damn, Gore coming with the knowledge.
Originally posted by mayo49:

I looked it up because I knew for sure it was nowhere near close to a record. I think there have been lower #s than 7 even in modern history. Panthers held the bucs to 10 early in the season so it happens more often than you think. Especially when teams have high flying offenses and they don't run much in the 1st place then end up abandoning the run all together.

Here is one...Lions had 15 atts for -4 yards total and sanders had -1 in a playoff game in 94 (packers lions 16-12), it says that was a playoff record. If anyone else finds some low ones would love to hear them.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Oct 30, 2012 at 1:17 AM ]
Originally posted by JBrack:
I also suspect this will make us the #1 defense in the NFL in all 3 major cats.

#1 pass defense (yds)
#1 run defense (yds)
# 1 scoring defense(pts allowed)

They are amazing this year. I just wonder where the turnovers went? Not complaining. Believe me. I'm happy we are good. We could just use more turnovers like last year.

Two of those teams we dominated beat the Patriots this season...Arizona did so on the road...

Never underestimate a dominant performance in todays NFL.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
They are amazing this year. I just wonder where the turnovers went? Not complaining. Believe me. I'm happy we are good. We could just use more turnovers like last year.

Stats like turnovers involve a lot of luck. Ironically, I think our DB's are leaps and bounds better than last season at both coverage and knocking down balls. If this unit can be kept together, it has the potential to be an elite group. The other lesson here is that using high draft picks on corners is far too risky. Brown and Culliver are examples of late value. Patrick Peterson is still raw. Brandon Browner had to buy his time up here in the CFL before even getting a legit look.
  • vaden
  • Veteran
49ers Team Defense Stats:

Points per Game Allowed: 12.9, #1 in the league
Passing Yards per Game Allowed: 184, #2 in the league
Yards per Attempt: 5.8, #1 in the league
Rushing Yards per Game Allowed: 87.4, #7 in the league
Yards per Attempt: 3.6, T-#2 in the league
Yards per Game Allowed: 271.4, #1 in the league

If that's not domination, I don't know what is.

Now if we just get our pass rush back to where it was last season, this D can truly go down in history as top 5 all-time.
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by Gore_21:

yea, knowledge I posted back on page 1.

Damnit. Oh well, it's gotta be a record for the modern era, maybe.

The NFL record for fewest rushing yards allowed in a game is -53, given up by the Chicago Cardinals in a game against the Detroit Lions in 1943. Incredibly, the Lions won the game 7-0.