LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 286 users in the forums

Which retired 49ers player do you wish was in his prime and playing on the team today?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Ok , besides the obvious , Jerry, Joe , Steve , Ronnie , Dwight , Roger ....which player would you throw on our current team , anybody , he could have played in the 50's , 60's , a former 49ers player in his prime that would make a BIG impact and make us even better NOW

I'm gonna pick "Brent Jones"

could you imagine a young Brent Jones in a 2 TE formation with Davis in the redzone ...he would make our offense more potent and effective.

I'm a huge Brent Jones fan , and I know he would take our offense to another level.

what about you guys, who would you pick ?
Larry Allen.
dont really need him with our Line being BEAST! but since i cant pick steve or Joe
im going with another beast!
Bryant Young
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Steve Young or Montana.

any other player would be irrelevant on today's team.
Jeff Fuller. Jesse Sapolu. John Taylor. Tom Rathman. Ray Brown. Kevin Gogan.
I think this team can be better than our past teams...just need to get over that first hump which is always the hardest
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
Bryant Young

BY would be my 2nd choice ...one of the alltime greats
I wouldnt mind throwing "Michael Carter" on the D-Line with Cowboy and Ray Mac
Charles Haley , Fred Dean , BY
John taylor

Then i would bring back kwame and stick him at left tackle so as to fix Alex's drift left issue.

• Chief
  • Veteran
Jeff Garcia
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:

I'm gonna pick "Brent Jones"

could you imagine a young Brent Jones in a 2 TE formation with Davis in the redzone ...he would make our offense more potent and effective.

I'm a huge Brent Jones fan , and I know he would take our offense to another level.

what about you guys, who would you pick ?

You took my answer... Brent Jones. Would have to go with a receiver.. and Brent would be a fantastic complement to VD. Brent Jones was a very QB friendly option, and I don't think much of Delanie Walker by comparison. He would be quite an upgrade for our offense.
Takeo Spikes.....................................................................

I'll get me coat
If we had Steve Young on this team, in his prime, the Giants game wouldn't even have gone down to OT, and we'd probably of blown the Pats out in the Superbowl. -Probably even get another SB this year.

-You look at how Favre still managed to scrape by/take advantage of all the modern QB-friendly rules before the end of the past decade, you put Steve in, and the possibilities would be endless (given that Steve was the original prototypical QB in size/ability we see now in guys like Aaron Rodgers, and RG3). -Doubt even Harbaugh/Roman would be running such a conservative WCO (no way, given what Steve could do with Davis, Moss, and Manningham/Crabs, we wouldn't be shredding it over 20-30 yards).
Share 49ersWebzone