LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 245 users in the forums

Should Harbaugh activate James and sit Celek this week?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
3 Things:

1 Don't play Gore - If I'm the Cards D, I would it him in the ribs, legally and illegally, every chance we can. Let him heal for the this week and the Bye week. Then he should be ready to roll over the enemy once again.

2 Activate James and use here and there like they've done with Kap. Set him up to succeed in VERY specific situations and let him grow.

3 How many snaps has Celek been give per game? Does his presence impact anything at this time. Delaine can block - and block VERY well,

Celek has caught one pass I believe ...if it's blocking we need from him , Dobbs can be the #3 TE ....I'm fearful that Frank will suffer further damage to his ribs, and be less effective later in the season , Granted this is an important game , but I think the rest would increase the chance of Frank coming back healthier for the Bears game
Yeah let's not play our best player on offense though he's been practicing. You guys are hilarious
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
If Frank isnt ready to go , then Hunter and Jacobs will pick up the slack , and maybe sprinkle in a play for LMJ here and there ?

I for one dont want Frank to rush back into things , Rib issues could complicate things in the long run , a week off would do The Tank a lot of good

Dobbs could be our #3 TE against Arizona ....any thoughts ?

anthony dixon is above james and jacobs on the depth chart
Originally posted by kemp_j:
I say yes. I would love to see LMJ run through some the holes Frank had last week. I think he takes it to the house if they give him a chance........ I hope Jenkins and James hit the field before the season is out.......

Well yeah.....we're gonna be sitting starters come week 14.....lol
I say start Frank, but lessen his carries and activate jacobs for this game. I think his running style will give az fits going from Frank to Hunter to Jacobs (Smash, Dash, n Bash)
YES
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 20halfbackcurlXup:
YES

• dj43
Though I have no idea what the coaches are seeing, if anyone plays instead of Celek, I would prefer to see Jenkins if only to let him run some go patterns to try to open up some underneath routes. The lack of a speed receiver is the single greatest lacking in the passing game at this point.
Originally posted by McLovinAlexSmith:
No we have enough running backs and James didnt impress in the pre season.

Didnt he average 5+ ypc? I don't remember him getting many reps, but he played well.
He should activate Jenkins, we're solid at HB right now. I want to see some real speed on the outside.
[ Edited by paperplanemedia on Oct 24, 2012 at 3:17 PM ]

lulz

LMJ will not be activated.

He was drafted so we can pick his brain when we face teams running that Oregon no huddle offense
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
If Frank isnt ready to go , then Hunter and Jacobs will pick up the slack , and maybe sprinkle in a play for LMJ here and there ?

I for one dont want Frank to rush back into things , Rib issues could complicate things in the long run , a week off would do The Tank a lot of good

Dobbs could be our #3 TE against Arizona ....any thoughts ?

No way any of us can accurately answer because none of us see LMJ in practice or know if he's ready. But given that he hasn't dressed yet, he's probably not ready.
Originally posted by ads_2006:
lulz

LMJ will not be activated.

He was drafted so we can pick his brain when we face teams running that Oregon no huddle offense

I think I saw him in the Oregon locker room after the game last week along with Brandon Jacobs betraying our team to the Ducks
Originally posted by dj43:
Though I have no idea what the coaches are seeing, if anyone plays instead of Celek, I would prefer to see Jenkins if only to let him run some go patterns to try to open up some underneath routes. The lack of a speed receiver is the single greatest lacking in the passing game at this point.

Agreed
Share 49ersWebzone