There are 57 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Should Harbaugh activate James and sit Celek this week?

If Frank isnt ready to go , then Hunter and Jacobs will pick up the slack , and maybe sprinkle in a play for LMJ here and there ?

I for one dont want Frank to rush back into things , Rib issues could complicate things in the long run , a week off would do The Tank a lot of good

Dobbs could be our #3 TE against Arizona ....any thoughts ?
Frank practiced and reported no issues other than a little soreness. Gore will play, he might not play as much but thats what we have Hunter and Jacobs for. I think Jacobs gets some short yardage carries this week to protect Gore. No room for James to get carries and since he doesnt play special teams he would just be wasting a spot, James will get his shot i just dont think its gonna be this year barring multiple injuries to our RBs
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:
Frank practiced and reported no issues other than a little soreness. Gore will play, he might not play as much but thats what we have Hunter and Jacobs for. I think Jacobs gets some short yardage carries this week to protect Gore. No room for James to get carries and since he doesnt play special teams he would just be wasting a spot, James will get his shot i just dont think its gonna be this year barring multiple injuries to our RBs

Ok ...Cool ...and yes it's time for Jacobs to put in some work
No we have enough running backs and James didnt impress in the pre season.
Celek shouldn't be activated regardless
I say yes. I would love to see LMJ run through some the holes Frank had last week. I think he takes it to the house if they give him a chance........ I hope Jenkins and James hit the field before the season is out.......
Yes
Originally posted by kemp_j:
I say yes. I would love to see LMJ run through some the holes Frank had last week. I think he takes it to the house if they give him a chance........ I hope Jenkins and James hit the field before the season is out.......

Agreed , so next year they can hit the ground running
Originally posted by McLovinAlexSmith:
No we have enough running backs and James didnt impress in the pre season.

Ok. Let's trade him then.
Make sure to keep Celek on the team, so his GF can get passed around.
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
Originally posted by McLovinAlexSmith:
No we have enough running backs and James didnt impress in the pre season.

Ok. Let's trade him then.

for what
celek is too important to this team
Originally posted by RonMexico:
celek is too important to this team

Plus his brother Tom is very close with Harbaugh.
I don't think James or Jenkins are ready to play. I think physically they are just not developed at this point, both should stay in the weight room and keep working hard at practice.

LJ didn't look confident during the pre-season, I think he realizes he is no longer the fastest player on the field. Next year they will be able to contribute once he knows the playbook and bulks up.
3 Things:

1 Don't play Gore - If I'm the Cards D, I would it him in the ribs, legally and illegally, every chance we can. Let him heal for the this week and the Bye week. Then he should be ready to roll over the enemy once again.

2 Activate James and use here and there like they've done with Kap. Set him up to succeed in VERY specific situations and let him grow.

3 How many snaps has Celek been give per game? Does his presence impact anything at this time. Delaine can block - and block VERY well,