LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 285 users in the forums

On a scale of 1-10, rate our offense, defense, and special teams

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I really can't tell....They would look like a collective 8 one or two weeks then laid a 2 in another. The good thing is Harbaugh's team doesn't seemed to have losses in a row. He's really good at getting the team to move on-- win or lose. Walsh was known to be terrified of getting into a rut with losses he can't get the team out of. One of the reason why he did his damnest to make sure the team wins. Maybe I'm wrong on the take...
  • mod
  • Veteran
O - 5.5
D - 9
ST- 6
I revised it
O - 6
D - 9 (when healthy)
ST - 3
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
O - 6
D - 9 (when healthy)
ST - 3

6 seems a little low for the Offense. What more do they have to do...roll up 600 yards of offense and score 40+ points every week? They carried the team this postseason. Yes, they came up 5 yards short in the end, but what they produced should have been more than enough to win the game. Only team to score 30+ points and lose the SB. I agree the D is a 9 when healthy, but they lost us the SB.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Feb 5, 2013 at 3:12 PM ]
Offense 7.5
Defense 8.5
Special teams 5
[ Edited by YungAce on Feb 5, 2013 at 3:20 PM ]
Based on the Season as a whole:

O = 6.5

Kap gave us more Big Play ability as the season progressed,
OLine improved dramatically, and is part of the reason both Alex & Kap had good seasons
WR still a weakness even though Crabs really stood out,
TE were inconsistent on the receiving end. Delaine WAY too many drops, VD wasn't targeted enough until playoffs. in truth, not enough of Celek to judge fairly. Did he even have one pass thrown his way?Their blocking was VERY good
RB - Very solid, even with injuries.
FB - Miller is the bomb! His blocking was excellent!

D = 9

IMO, it really took a MAJOR hit in sack production & pressures when Justin got hurt. The DLine rotation SUCKED! Big Proble moving forward.
DLine - played tough all season. Need an injection of youth at NT.
LB - The Best. Brooks is way under-rated.
CB - They played much better when the DLine was healthy. That showed against quality passing teams like Atlanta.
S - Very good and as the season wore on they had more difficulty covering receivers

ST = 5

KO Return Team = I don't have stats and am going off of memory. Average with a few bright spots, LMJ in Pats game comes to ming
KO Cover Team = Not especially good. Gave up TD's but for the most part seemed to keep many eames pinned back.
P Return = Average, need a better returner than Ginn
P Cover = Pretty good for the most part. They seemed to have more problems earlier in the season.
Long Snap = Excellent
FG = Started w/ a Bang - tieing the record nd ended in Epic Fail.
our Defense was whacked around alot in the secondary mostly...offense played catchup pretty well and D is ranked better than O for many....

O=8
D=7
ST 6
[ Edited by ninerfreak on Feb 5, 2013 at 8:05 PM ]
Our offense averaged right at 35 points in the playoffs...There is no way our defense should rank higher than the offense.

O = 8.5
D = 7.5
ST = 7
[ Edited by TexasGuero49 on Feb 5, 2013 at 8:38 PM ]
Wow, for the people that ranked our offense so low, what games were you watching ?

We put up 45 against GB, 28 against ATL, and 31 ( -2) against Baltimore in the playoffs. Highest scoring team PLUS we put up 468 yards of offense in the Superbowl.

We matched high powered offenses like GB, NE, NO this year point for point. If anything, the defense should get a lower score bc they failed to show up pretty much since the 3rd quarter of the Pats game.

O - 8.5 (best Ive seen since Garcia-Owens)
D - 7 (major breakdown in December-February)
ST - 6 (only bc of Andy Lee)

O-8.5
D-7.0
S-6.0

I see Hudson has the same!

2013 expectations

O-9
D-8
S-7
Well, you need split the D rating Sept-Nov and Dec-Feb. Same with O SMith O CK O.

D Sept-Nov 8.5
D Dec-Feb 6
O SMith 7.5
O CK 9

ST -6.5 all year long
O- 8.5
D- 6.0
ST- 5.5
Originally posted by TexasGuero49:
Our offense averaged right at 35 points in the playoffs...There is no way our defense should rank higher than the offense.

O = 8.5
D = 7.5
ST = 7
This. I am a bit surprised at how low a ranking a lot of posters put on the O. After the past two months I think it's rated higher than the D.
Originally posted by HudsonValley:
Wow, for the people that ranked our offense so low, what games were you watching ?

We put up 45 against GB, 28 against ATL, and 31 ( -2) against Baltimore in the playoffs. Highest scoring team PLUS we put up 468 yards of offense in the Superbowl.

We matched high powered offenses like GB, NE, NO this year point for point. If anything, the defense should get a lower score bc they failed to show up pretty much since the 3rd quarter of the Pats game.

O - 8.5 (best Ive seen since Garcia-Owens)
D - 7 (major breakdown in December-February)
ST - 6 (only bc of Andy Lee)

LOL I couldn't believe it either until I realized how old this thread is
Share 49ersWebzone