There are 147 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Niner Identity

Originally posted by CTNiner93:
I want to know our win/ loss record from 2005-now, when frank gore gets more than 10-15 carries.

I think since the beginning of 2011 season we are 17-0 when gore gets more then 20 carries, not sure about 2005 but i would guess it was what the teams record was since he was pretty much the workhorse having to carry the whole team.
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Our identity is Alex f**king up in the redzone consistently

f**king up in the redzone consistently? 7-12 58.3% 4.2 yd avg. 5 TDs 1 INT 5 1st downs 1 sack 72.9 rating, i wouldnt say that f**king up consistently in the redzone for just 7 games.

Correction: f**king up in the redzone consistently against top 5 defenses.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Correction: f**king up in the redzone consistently against top 5 defenses.

ok I can understand that one. There is a reason those defenses are top 5 just saying.
[ Edited by LoneWolf on Oct 21, 2012 at 5:26 PM ]
well 17-0 is remarkable. i hate it when they throw with alex 3 downs in a row. its like handing the ball to the defense. the niners have 3 backs that can pound the rock. we should stick to being the team that focuses on winning up front.
Originally posted by CTNiner93:
well 17-0 is remarkable. i hate it when they throw with alex 3 downs in a row. its like handing the ball to the defense. the niners have 3 backs that can pound the rock. we should stick to being the team that focuses on winning up front.

I like when we mix it up, it seems like most of the times we go either run run run or pass pass pass we fall n our face.
The offensive line is getting better each game. I think Coach Harbaugh and Roman know they have to mix it up if they're going to go deep. They will go as far as Alex takes them. If they get behind they can't eat up the clock by running the ball, they must pass. Alex is best with play action. He must step up, just winning one playoff game won't cut it.
  • Lifer
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 950
We are who they thought we were. Great Defense, power running game, ball control, situational football, smart coaching. Defense is our strength; everybody else does just enough. We need to keep trying to develop all the weapons though. There's still a long way to go, and the key is to be hitting on all cylinders in December and January.
Originally posted by okdkid:
Originally posted by ninergold:
It seems like the best fit for the Niners is to play like that Super Bowl Bears team. The strength of your team is your D. While we're not as good as that original 46 D of the Bears, we are far superior with our special teams. Andy Lee is a weapon in pinning the other teams down deep and Akers (while not consistent this year) has great range and has been making teams start from deep in their territory. Even though I'm not a Ginn fan, his impact can't be denied.

I just think they need to stay heavily committed to the run and keep that great D off the field as much as possible. Stop trying to turn into a team that throws down the field and run all these trick plays with CK. Make sure your stars get touches (VD and Gore) and try move the chains one small chunk at a time.

It's not exciting, but I think it's what they are best at.

I'll never understand this. How can you not be a fan but admit he has an undeniable impact?

Because he cant cath a spiral....
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Our identity is Alex f**king up in the redzone consistently

f**king up in the redzone consistently? 7-12 58.3% 4.2 yd avg. 5 TDs 1 INT 5 1st downs 1 sack 72.9 rating, i wouldnt say that f**king up consistently in the redzone for just 7 games.

oh just 7 games? i thought he's been on our team longer than that my bad....

Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Our identity is Alex f**king up in the redzone consistently

That post warrents a warning. Its sole purpose is to troll.
But even if Gire
game management
Out identity is a team that can adjust. When something doesn't work on offense, the coaches change it up and the players are able to execute it.
We need to stop trying to be this pass heavy team that were not. Our offense is trash if we try to make Alex Smith throw the ball more than 30 times. Our pass rush needs to come alive too.
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 989
Originally posted by CTNiner93:
I want to know our win/ loss record from 2005-now, when frank gore gets more than 10-15 carries.

Since 2005, in games which Frank Gore has carried the ball 16+ times, the 49ers are 33-22 including 0-1 in the playoffs and 4-0 this season...