LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 128 users in the forums

Niner Identity

Shop Find 49ers gear online
It seems like the best fit for the Niners is to play like that Super Bowl Bears team. The strength of your team is your D. While we're not as good as that original 46 D of the Bears, we are far superior with our special teams. Andy Lee is a weapon in pinning the other teams down deep and Akers (while not consistent this year) has great range and has been making teams start from deep in their territory. Even though I'm not a Ginn fan, his impact can't be denied.

I just think they need to stay heavily committed to the run and keep that great D off the field as much as possible. Stop trying to turn into a team that throws down the field and run all these trick plays with CK. Make sure your stars get touches (VD and Gore) and try move the chains one small chunk at a time.

It's not exciting, but I think it's what they are best at.
We need to get a better DLine rotation as the season progresses. They can't keep taking 95% of all the snaps in a game and keep it up ESPECIALLY if the offense goes 3 & out.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninergold:
It seems like the best fit for the Niners is to play like that Super Bowl Bears team. The strength of your team is your D. While we're not as good as that original 46 D of the Bears, we are far superior with our special teams. Andy Lee is a weapon in pinning the other teams down deep and Akers (while not consistent this year) has great range and has been making teams start from deep in their territory. Even though I'm not a Ginn fan, his impact can't be denied.

I just think they need to stay heavily committed to the run and keep that great D off the field as much as possible. Stop trying to turn into a team that throws down the field and run all these trick plays with CK. Make sure your stars get touches (VD and Gore) and try move the chains one small chunk at a time.

It's not exciting, but I think it's what they are best at.

I'll never understand this. How can you not be a fan but admit he has an undeniable impact?
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by okdkid:
I'll never understand this. How can you not be a fan but admit he has an undeniable impact?

That is a contradiction of sorts, but like people say "You hate someone and still respect them".
We are a WIP - work in progress- offense. We are better at running the ball and can pass the ball, but neither consistently. Seemed to hit the wall in the passing game the last 2 games. They all need to pick up their game. Starting with Smith.
I keep thinking that they can find someone else more valuable (cap wise or to the active squad) to the team then Ginn, but then he rips off a few big plays for them.
Frank Gore
no s**t?

but ya, ride gore and the defense all year
[ Edited by RonMexico on Oct 21, 2012 at 2:37 PM ]
Ride gore until the wheels fall off. When your the best rushing team in football, and even a D like seattle cant stop it, (Giants wouldnt have stopped it either had we used it) you gotta run the football. Stop trying to be what we arent. We are winning football games without the turnover ratio of last season, and with the pass rush struggleing a bit, by running the football. We can get as far as last season, but we gotta run to get there.
Gotta say that the D and running game are our mainstays without a doubt.

But we will not win a SB without being able to pass more effectively.

We need a better passing attack from OC. More screens, more swing passes to say James out of the backfield, more rub routes off the line to help our wr's get seperation. We do these things and the down the field passing attack becomes more open.

We need better pass protection from the oline (they are killing it on running downs).

We need Alex to be more consistant.

And we definitely need our wr's to get some separation. Enough of this db being draped all over our wr's. Either call rub routes or get Jenkings in there to open up the field and stop the double teaming of VD@!

Our identity is Alex f**king up in the redzone consistently
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

f**king up in the redzone consistently? 7-12 58.3% 4.2 yd avg. 5 TDs 1 INT 5 1st downs 1 sack 72.9 rating, i wouldnt say that f**king up consistently in the redzone for just 7 games.
Originally posted by LoneWolf:

f**king up in the redzone consistently? 7-12 58.3% 4.2 yd avg. 5 TDs 1 INT 5 1st downs 1 sack 72.9 rating, i wouldnt say that f**king up consistently in the redzone for just 7 games.

oh just 7 games? i thought he's been on our team longer than that my bad....
oh just 7 games? i thought he's been on our team longer than that my bad....

save the sarcasm, I must have misunderstood you, although him f**king up consistantly would mean that in the past 7 games he would have terrible redzone stats as well.
I want to know our win/ loss record from 2005-now, when frank gore gets more than 10-15 carries.
Share 49ersWebzone