LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 158 users in the forums

Worst Niner game you have watched that resulted in a victory

Shop Find 49ers gear online
The Bengals game last year comes to mind or the Tampa game in '05 where it was Nedney, Nedney, Nedney sprinkled in with Cody the Special Teamer Pickett
It'll always be Tampa game. Not only was it excruciating to watch, but you knew how absolutely empty the win was. At the time I rooted like a sunofab***h and was excited when they won.

I bet Cody Picket tells that story at every s**tty dive bar he visits. I would.
[ Edited by OregonNiner87 on Oct 20, 2012 at 12:10 AM ]
1997 - 49ers 15, Rams 12
Jim Druckenmiller at QB
http://www.footballdb.com/boxscore/1997090703

1996 - 49ers 10, Oilers 9
Jeff Brohm at QB
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/199610270oti.htm
Cody Pickett was my guy
Oh. And of course the 1999 49ers win over the Arizona Cardinals in Arizona ... for obvious reasons.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Come back playoff game against the Giants.
I think the Eagles game in mid to late '90s that went deep in OT on a Monday night. Eagles took commanding early lead and I believe Niners came back in a game that took forever to finish.

Close to being a tie too if I recall correctly.
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:
It'll always be Tampa game. Not only was it excruciating to watch, but you knew how absolutely empty the win was. At the time I rooted like a sunofab***h and was excited when they won.

I bet Cody Picket tells that story at every s**tty dive bar he visits. I would.

Explain more. I do not recall this game
Game against the Bears on a Thursday, I think 2010 season.
Didn't we win when Joe got knocked out?

Originally posted by 9erStorm:
Oh. And of course the 1999 49ers win over the Arizona Cardinals in Arizona ... for obvious reasons.

The one where Lawrence Phillips broke off like a 68 yard run...after he failed to pick up that blitz
Originally posted by mayo49:
Come back playoff game against the Giants.

This. I turned off that game in the 3rd quarter, and flipped it back on just as the Niners scored to make the game kind of respectable. Then the comeback came into fruition and won! I turned off this years game in the early 4th quarter with high hopes that history would repeat itself.
[ Edited by JimA49ers on Oct 20, 2012 at 8:32 AM ]
Originally posted by communist:
Game against the Bears on a Thursday, I think 2010 season.

Yeah, where Cutler threw 5 picks and he still had a chance to win it at the end. Wasn't this also Crabtree's home debut?
That 1988 Falcons game in Atlanta; our entire Superbowl season was on the line, with the Saints & 49ers both going into that week '9-5', with the Rams at 8-6 (who became 9-6 by the end of the day). Lowly Atlanta was looking to play spoiler by knocking us out of contention within the division; only TD from the 49ers (the entire day) came off of a kick return from Doug DuBose. -Total defensive slug-fest, nobody on either side could convert a 1st down in the redzone, barely keeping Atlanta off the sideline... yet holding them to only 3 points (who had consistently went for it on 4th throughout the game).

I expect us to see a lot of these sorts of games this season within division matchups this year.
The Bears game in 2010 when we couldn't capitalize on the 5 Cutler picks, because Alex in the Jimmie Ray/Singletary offense was mystified by the Bear defense. I thought Singletary was trying to gift one to his old team!
Share 49ersWebzone