There are 90 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

What happend to the offense on this team?

Originally posted by bpg4980:
But one thing you have to say for the kid is that he is mentally tough, and will work very hard to snap out of the slump he is in

I will agree with you 1000% every day of the week on Alex's mental AND physical toughness. Alex has the heart of a warrior. Unfortunately, he just doesn't have the gift, and it's talent at his skill position that will ultimately determine how far this team will go.
Originally posted by zillabeast:
To put it blatantly, Harbaugh and Roman engineered some genius schemes that disguised Alex's weaknesses in hopes of him actually gaining confidence and becoming a better quarterback. We were all witness to it, no one denies it. Those schemes were never meant to last forever though, and now that the jig is up and Alex is still Alex, this is the result.

That is one of the most succinct and true assessments yet to appear on the board...The NFL knows how to give the NIners a tough time because Alex's limitations continue to be the same. They simply have to force the Niners to win by passing. They focus on forcing him to make tough throws in traffic on short passes or go downfield and he can't do either...Checkmate unless the defense and running game excell..Won't happen against better teams. We thought Alex was turning into an elite QB. I just don't think that is gonna happen. God I hope I'm wrong...
The season isn't quite half over yet and Frank Gore is feeling it. Having sore ribs is no fun and ANY internal injuries requires a lot of time to heal. Unfortunately he won't have that luxury because right now ... he's the main offense.

He can't and won't have 130+ yards every game and there will come a time where Alex will be COUNTED on to win the game. It may even be as soon as the Cards game because their defense isn't too shabby either.

I know about sore ribs and depending on the severity of it, sometimes you can't even breath let alone pee!
[ Edited by Kauaiguy on Oct 19, 2012 at 10:33 PM ]
Getting a divisional win was big. We reverted back to our formula for success of 2011. Good D, special teams, and an offense that was good enough with a strong run game. I sure Coach Harbaugh would like to see more from the offensive side of the ball, but it was important to get the win.
Smith doesn't have the best arm but the dude makes some masterful reads at the LOS
12 days ago every one was sucking Alex's dick. We played some good defenses and he had a rough game or two. Alex is who he is. He made the plays when he needed to, even if they were dump off passes to Gore. I feel like Roman is wanting Alex to force the issue more. Just stick to what works. Turnover free football that gets us 20+ points. We will win many games that way
I would love to add in AJ Jenkins and Brandon Jacobs to the offense mix. Maybe after the bye?
Originally posted by barrymartin:
That is one of the most succinct and true assessments yet to appear on the board...The NFL knows how to give the NIners a tough time because Alex's limitations continue to be the same. They simply have to force the Niners to win by passing. They focus on forcing him to make tough throws in traffic on short passes or go downfield and he can't do either...Checkmate unless the defense and running game excell..Won't happen against better teams. We thought Alex was turning into an elite QB. I just don't think that is gonna happen. God I hope I'm wrong...

Can you guys say OVERREACTION!!!! It's 2 bad games in a row and we managed to go 1-1 in the two games. Calm down!!!!! I can easily make the argument that once te Niners r in rhythm they throw in KAEP and the next play Alex is back on the field it leads to something bad.
Originally posted by DaFaro49ers:
Originally posted by barrymartin:

Can you guys say OVERREACTION!!!! It's 2 bad games in a row and we managed to go 1-1 in the two games. Calm down!!!!! I can easily make the argument that once te Niners r in rhythm they throw in KAEP and the next play Alex is back on the field it leads to something bad.

This.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
This.

Over-reaction is way too strong. There is just as ample reason to believe that once again Alex's better perfomances will be sporadic and punctuated by poor performances and that the best teams will find away to make him win games and he won't be able to do it. This has been the story of his career. There wouldn't be such a heated debate about him if this wasn't an ongoing and unresolved issue. When we get into the mindset that he's made it, it does seem like an over-reacion when he has a bad few games and the other viewpoint roars to the surface and vice versa. Bottomline, he isn't elite, he's mid pack and he can't carry the team consistently if necessary. An elite quarterback is still the number one priority in maintaining a playoff quality team year in and year out. Just look at facts. Giants-Eli, Colts-Payton, Saints-Brees, New England-Brady, Green Bay-Rodgers...If I were Baalke this would be my number one concern....Is an elite QB on this roster. If it's not Kaep, they should be doing everything to find that person....
Quote:
There wouldn't be such a heated debate about him if this wasn't an ongoing and unresolved issue.

Yep.