LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 274 users in the forums

We beat a physically 'sound' team

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ginseng1000:
we got lucky!

need to thank the butter-finger seattle team

i hope you're not saying seattle beat themselves......................
We should have never even had tied records in the first place thanks to those dumb replacement refs costing GB the game vs. the Hawks
Originally posted by DirtyP:
Explain to me how calling a running play with a different QB in the game disrupts a flow Alex Smith never had? If he can't play through that then he truly is garbage.

Russell Wilson is well on his way to being better than Smith. Andy Dalton is better than Smith. Luck and RGIII are better than Smith. Newton is better than Smith. Tannehill will be better than smith in a year or two as well. Smith may throw less interceptions than these guys this year but I guarantee you he won't make as many plays as any of them

You say Smith did not have a rhythm but he had just marched the team down the field and...oh, by the way, we are putting someone else in to take the glory of the TD...oh, wait...he lost yards...go back in there and clean up the mess.

This has happened numerous times this year and Smith is aware of this being done for a purpose...whatever that is. I personally feel Smith should over come these interruptions but so far he has not and it seems counter productive to do this in a tight game.
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Oct 19, 2012 at 4:28 PM ]
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Originally posted by DirtyP:
Explain to me how calling a running play with a different QB in the game disrupts a flow Alex Smith never had? If he can't play through that then he truly is garbage.

Russell Wilson is well on his way to being better than Smith. Andy Dalton is better than Smith. Luck and RGIII are better than Smith. Newton is better than Smith. Tannehill will be better than smith in a year or two as well. Smith may throw less interceptions than these guys this year but I guarantee you he won't make as many plays as any of them

You say Smith did not have a rhythm but he had just marched the team down the field and...oh, by the way, we are putting someone else in to take the glory of the TD...oh, wait...he lost yards...go back in there and clean up the mess.

This has happened numerous times this year and Smith is aware of this being done for a purpose...whatever that is. I personally feel Smith should over come these interruptions but so far he has not and it seems counter productive to do this in a tight game.
Agree with you and maybe Alex should overcome these situations but it can't be an easy thing to go thru. Nobody else does it and for good reason.

I cannot understant the rationale for this qb switch in the redzone. Who do we think we are fooling? Not very many players in the last 2 games cause CK is getting crushed out there.

Why put in doubt in your starting qb? Why take him out after good, long, hard drives? Why put him back in when CK failed? I'm going crazy just thinking of this crap.

I thought we wanted to smash people in the face and impose our will? No, we want to run a college style O whenever we get close to the endzone. CRAZY
49ers beat a physically sound Seattle team whose corners "gets away with murder"
Originally posted by rk1642:
Agree with you and maybe Alex should overcome these situations but it can't be an easy thing to go thru. Nobody else does it and for good reason.

I cannot understant the rationale for this qb switch in the redzone. Who do we think we are fooling? Not very many players in the last 2 games cause CK is getting crushed out there.

Why put in doubt in your starting qb? Why take him out after good, long, hard drives? Why put him back in when CK failed? I'm going crazy just thinking of this crap.

I thought we wanted to smash people in the face and impose our will? No, we want to run a college style O whenever we get close to the endzone. CRAZY

Sadly, my only point of reference for this is DeBerg and Montana. DeBerg would march the team down the field and then give way to JM. The main difference between this year and that year is that Montana usually came in when there was one shot at getting the win, rather than on first down. There were yo-yo'd though and it was really hard on DeBerg. He was a good soldier though.

Montana was ready to start by mid-season but CK doesn't look anywhere near that level.
I think out of the remaining games, going to Seattle will be our toughest game left. I hate going there...
Originally posted by NinerTeam:
49ers beat a physically sound Seattle team whose corners "gets away with murder"

Now thats an understatement!!! After this game Im glad we have so much time until the next game for our main guys to rest and heal up. Gore with the bruised ribs, Manningham with the shoulder. Arizona is actually ranked higher in defense against the pass then Seattle, and Even higher then us in Defense against the run, so we will need some of our main players healthy for this game.
Originally posted by zomg_its_ryan:
I think out of the remaining games, going to Seattle will be our toughest game left. I hate going there...

At Seattle, at Arizona, at NE, at NO...many tough games coming up!
Originally posted by dtg_9er:

At Seattle, at Arizona, at NE, at NO...many tough games coming up!

I'm not saying those teams aren't tough, but going and playing in Seattle has been brutal (e.i. New England).

I'm not saying those teams aren't tough, but going and playing in Seattle has been brutal (e.i. New England).

Yeah, I understand but the NO dome is brutal, other games will be tough. Somehow I see this team playing much better in Seattle. Won't be a short week, Smith will hopefully be 100% over finger, the line is playing better and better, and the game plan may include some new ways to get their DBs from holding. If they can play without hearing anything...I suggest a quick, no huddle offense with as little voice needed as possible.
Seattle was gashed up the middle. Their QB played like a rookie. My observation was that they needed more bulk up the middle defensively. Lynch is in a league of his own.
Helluva game, guys, congrats on the win. It is tempting to think "what if" about the multiple long passes that weren't caught after hitting the receivers in the hands, but the bottom line is, you guys made the plays and we didn't. Your O-line pushed us around in a way we haven't experienced before. And while it was somewhat unnerving to see it as it happened, I'm glad it happened when it did -- before a long break, with lots of time to recover and prepare. And congrats to Gore for a very good game.

The path to the NFCW crown goes through San Francisco. And yes, it will be difficult for the Seahawks to win the division with a 3-3 divisional record. Unless you guys stumble, it's probably not going to happen. One interesting thing, though, is every NFCW team has won every divisional game played at home so far. It would be weird to see us all go 3-3 in the division, but it could happen. And not winning the division doesn't mean we won't be in the playoffs. Obviously we have to earn it first, but we're not going to go away quietly.

Again, congrats. (I was away for a few days, or I'd have done this sooner.)
Share 49ersWebzone