There are 85 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

We beat a physically 'sound' team

Originally posted by ginseng1000:
we got lucky!

need to thank the butter-finger seattle team

We've lost games that way so I don't feel sorry for them, nor do I feel the need to thank them.
[ Edited by AXEGRINDER on Oct 18, 2012 at 10:27 PM ]
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by ginseng1000:
we got lucky!

need to thank the butter-finger seattle team

We've lost games that way so I don't feel sorry for them, nor do I feel the need to thank them.

Officiating was pretty bad as well. Lots of missed "hands to the face" and Alex getting yanked by his facemask.
@Nick, I'm going to be looking for that. I saw some odd moves, too, when I caught the game at the local bar.
Originally posted by ginseng1000:
we got lucky!

need to thank the butter-finger seattle team

I was us to be lucky all the way to the playoffs and beyond.

More luck please!
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by ginseng1000:
we got lucky!

need to thank the butter-finger seattle team

We've lost games that way so I don't feel sorry for them, nor do I feel the need to thank them.

Officiating was pretty bad as well. Lots of missed "hands to the face" and Alex getting yanked by his facemask.

It was bad, if we were in Seattle, no way we would have won
no way that was luck.. in that case their lucky alex didnt see moss in the back of the endzone..
They have no QB
Originally posted by DirtyP:
They have no QB

You mean the latest rookie who is so much better than Smith? LOL!

I actually thought he played OK but when they dropped so many of his passes he became a bit desperate to make something happen. Similar to Smith's interception after CK came in for a one yard loss.

As much as I think CK's insertion throws Smith off, he has to learn to play past that and stay in a zone...ignore the disruption. He always seems to come back in pressing, and making mistakes.

Seattle's D was/is considered one of the best and it was another brutal game. Lots of banged up players. They are third in points per game, behind Chicago and SF.
What bothers me is coming off such a resounding defeat by the Giants I was expecting the Niners to be pissed off and pound the Hawks but that's not what happened only 13 points scored and mediocre play again this won't cut in the play off's
[ Edited by Niner_Fan on Oct 19, 2012 at 8:08 AM ]
Originally posted by Niner_Fan:
What bothers me is coming off such a resounding defeat by the Giants i was expecting the Niners to be pissed off and pound the Hawks but that's not what happened only 13 points scored and mediocre play again this won't cut in the play off's

Well obviously the QB didn't have a great day and the receivers weren't getting open for the routes that were being called. Give some credit where it's due, the Seahawks have an excellent defense. As for the other phases of the game, what are you talking about? The defense held the Seahawks to 6 points, the o-line did a great job run blocking, and Gore gashed a team which has been averaging 71 yards per game rushing. This is not last years Seahawks. I would love if our QB was Steve Young 2.0 but that's not the case. It wasn't 3 years ago that our coach was making headlines for pulling his pants down in public for heck's sake. :)
[ Edited by bzborow1 on Oct 19, 2012 at 8:10 AM ]
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
You mean the latest rookie who is so much better than Smith? LOL!

I actually thought he played OK but when they dropped so many of his passes he became a bit desperate to make something happen. Similar to Smith's interception after CK came in for a one yard loss.

As much as I think CK's insertion throws Smith off, he has to learn to play past that and stay in a zone...ignore the disruption. He always seems to come back in pressing, and making mistakes.

Seattle's D was/is considered one of the best and it was another brutal game. Lots of banged up players. They are third in points per game, behind Chicago and SF.

Explain to me how calling a running play with a different QB in the game disrupts a flow Alex Smith never had? If he can't play through that then he truly is garbage.

Russell Wilson is well on his way to being better than Smith. Andy Dalton is better than Smith. Luck and RGIII are better than Smith. Newton is better than Smith. Tannehill will be better than smith in a year or two as well. Smith may throw less interceptions than these guys this year but I guarantee you he won't make as many plays as any of them
We need more physical play from our receivers. Crabtree did some good physical stuff last night. Williams, Ginn, and to some extent Manningham just isn't the physical type. Being able to fight through those uncalled little holding, shoving, redirecting is critical in the passing game.
I understand what your saying bzborow1 and yes we got the W but I'm looking at the bigger picture I see the same issues plague our offense game after game kinda goes like this:

opening drive we start off hot get down field and blow it
3 and out 3 and out 3 and out
then the penalties start
AS gets all rattled throws INT
Defense and running game have to work overtime to try to bail us out
Seattle is a VERY tough team with an excellent secondary.

We out-toughed them and out-coached them in this game.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 26,464
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Seattle is a VERY tough team with an excellent secondary.

We out-toughed them and out-coached them in this game.
cept for the pulling of smith in my opinion,, they just could not resist that we also missed mario to