LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 227 users in the forums

Who else feels like this is a "must win game?"

Shop Find 49ers gear online
4-3 and knocked into 2nd place

1-2 at home during a 3 game home stretch

the team could lose confidence & focus after being beaten twice at home in less than a week , and after that humiliating loss to the Giants , this could really put us in a position where we have to scratch and claw to stay in the playoff race, we need to secure home field advantage and avoid playing in a wild card game.

and it all starts with winning this f**ker on thursday ...IMO , this IS a must win game for us
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
and it all starts with winning this f**ker on thursday ...IMO , this IS a must win game for us

It's a must win yes, that means no CK nonsense please, more Gore and Hunter.
[ Edited by MrTruth on Oct 17, 2012 at 7:54 AM ]
Originally posted by MrTruth:

It's a must win yes, that means no CK nonsense please, more Gore and Hunter.

Exactly ...Run the ball with Power !!!!

I'm all for leaving CK on the sidelines for this one , we need to get back to business
Wouldn't call it a must-win, myself.

It's an important game that we MUST do something to show our fans that we can return faith back into the coaches and even the starting QB. We need to be able to move the ball on offense.. and this is a hard week to have to prove that.. but we must. I want the win more than anything else, but I really don't want to go through another poor offensive showing.

I had bigger expectations for the offensive gameplans back in August. Much of our run blocking has surpassed my expectations... but the lack of downfield throwing is a HUGE... HUGE.. disappointment for me. I still worry greatly over our pass protection.. still find the receivers a bit.. underwhelming.

Have been pretty depressed since last Sunday. We win this game vs the Hawks, and I will be elated and pretty well forget about the NYG. We lose... oh my.. time to hide the sharp objects and unload the guns.
Exactly ...Run the ball with Power !!!!

I'm all for leaving CK on the sidelines for this one , we need to get back to business

LOL running the ball with Gore and Hunter is serious business, CK nonsense is monkey business...
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
at the end of the season, it'll be a tight race. It's as close to a must win as it can get. It'll be much harder to beat them in seattle.
  • Chico
  • Veteran
every game is a MUST win game!!!
Every game to me is a must win but this one does always have significance. The division games are important. If we lossed every game but won the divisionals from here on out the odds of us making the playoffs and winning the division at 10-6 are good. I want to win all of them though. I want home field advantage in the playoffs.
Originally posted by Chico:

yeah, f**k it.. I change my answer to THIS.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:

eh. To me, a "Must win game" is a game that if we lose, the season is shot. We could lose this game and still end up winning the division so I wouldn't call it a must win.

This is a must win

Chance to put seahawks down 0-3 in division

First division game

Coming off terrible loss
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:

eh. To me, a "Must win game" is a game that if we lose, the season is shot. We could lose this game and still end up winning the division so I wouldn't call it a must win.

I agree... I was just being dramatic like fans have a right to be.
warning tl:dr

this game is not a must win... we are not a great team in 2012 (DUCY?) jk..

But seriously, we are a good ******* team. We might not be dominant but we play tough and that is the type of team I want come playoffs.

I heard a stat that said something to the effect of after playing the niners, the other team has the most people on the injury list the following week (on average). I can guarantee no team is coming into San Fran and thinking they are the favorites, so lets kick some ******* seahawk ass.

Teams are going to get worn down as the season goes on, every team is going to lose players (lewis, revis, cushings). the 49ers are deep enough to play well in last part of the season. The 49ers are good at taking what teams give us and we got away from that against the Giants. The first two drives we moved very effectively against the giants and then stalled (which is fine!). We got away from our game, we stopped taking what they were giving us and just kept pushing the ball down the field. The Giants made it clear they weren't going to let Vernon Davis or Frank Gore beat us.

I am no football expert but what I saw was a team with confidence (the 49ers) playing stupid undisciplined football. The second half was an embarrassment. I heard here on the forums frank gore had 0 carries in the second half? Am I the only one who is pissed off that we have 3 star players not getting any time? On top of that our feature back with 0 carries in the second half ugh

Seriously tho, the Giants game plan was clear, take away Vernon and Frank. They had to be giving us something, can any of you film experts break it down for me? What were the Giants giving us? they had to be doubling Vernon, or chipping him constantly and having there eye on Gore in the backfield because they had absolutely no production.Who was left open? what routes were they giving us?

Oh and to all of you who want to blame Alex, smh. Alex Smith was probably told to go for it all game, his confidence was super high and the coaching staff wanted to see what they had in Alex . Well we found out, we have a guy who can take what the defense is giving us. If you want to call him a game manager than do it. It sure beats games like Phillip Rivers had where he throws 4 picks and the chargers have 5 turnovers in their last 6 possessions in the second half. Alex got away from what made our team great (not all his fault ... coaching). He was trying to force it, instead of taking what they were giving us. The giants had 8 yards in the first quarter.

Alex smith can take what the defense is giving us. I don't want him to force it, that's not how our team is built, its just not! Up until last week when we weren't the cockiest team in football (including alex) our QB was rated #1 by pure stats. Alex , the team, got cocky.

It is time to move on, learn from our mistakes. We need to take what defenses are giving us. We have to many weapons, we create to many match up problems for defenses not to be giving us something. I don't know what it will be against the Seahawks, but I have a feeling they are going to make Alex beat us. Which is fine, I don't think it will take a superman effort, but I do think any time a team makes 1 player have to beat you of course that player has to preform, it doesn't matter that it is a quarterback.

oh and f the hawks
-tl:dr rant
Originally posted by 49erfaithful49:

Liked your post, yo.
No.
Share 49ersWebzone