LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 338 users in the forums

Willis' reaction to Millen's criticism

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
wtf did willis say?

That he would like to see Matt millen do what he does week in and week out pretty much (not knowing that millen was a former player). Greg papa had to tell him that millen was a former player with multiple rings and played his position and for the 9ers to boot. It was pretty awkward. The game did millen and Willis dirty IMO

Yeah the worst thing about this is it makes Willis look like an idiot because he didn't do any research before he went off. Understandable though, 99% of guys under 30 have no clue who Matt Millen is. Does anybody know who he is without using google that isn't in their 40s? Yeah he has 4 superbowl rings and made a pro bowl but that was before most guys in the league were old enough to walk.

As a side note Patrick Willis already is a better LB than Millen ever was. I give him a pass on this one his team just got their ass kicked and thus far he has been the class of the league. If anything this will make him think twice before doing anything like this in the future.
Pat's wrong here. Made a mistake. Let's all move on.
Patrick Willis can say what ever the f**k he wants!
matt millen recorded 11 sacks, and like 7 interceptions in 9 years.

Willis has 17 sacks, 6 interceptions in 5 years and 5 games. and he's more than doubled his forced fumbles or fumble recoveries. He wasn't that great..he was just surrounded by incredible talent...

willis is too, but willis is far more talented than millen
Originally posted by jreff22:
meh

I hope the team comes out angry but right minded and goes to work on Sea

This for sure
Really worried about this team, Harbaugh needs to take care of these guys and tell them to shut up cause the media is just dicing us up. -You lose to a an East coast 'darling' and they go looking for anything they can get.
"Matt Millen" is such a common looking name...Willis probably just thought he was a nerd/loud TV analyst. So i can understand how he would feel disrespected.

Greg Papa should've led into the question with "former 9er" or "former LB" Matt Millen said, bla bla.....

you can't expect some of these players to remember these guys...players like Patrick Willis had a tough upbringing....knowing these types of players and what they did was the last thing on their mind during their childhood.

During that time I was just a kid who had my parents take care of me...and all I had do was worry about school and enjoy sports.....so yeah I remember alot of players during that time, even though I was young.
Originally posted by BayArea:
Yeah the worst thing about this is it makes Willis look like an idiot because he didn't do any research before he went off. Understandable though, 99% of guys under 30 have no clue who Matt Millen is. Does anybody know who he is without using google that isn't in their 40s? Yeah he has 4 superbowl rings and made a pro bowl but that was before most guys in the league were old enough to walk.

As a side note Patrick Willis already is a better LB than Millen ever was. I give him a pass on this one his team just got their ass kicked and thus far he has been the class of the league. If anything this will make him think twice before doing anything like this in the future.

I new who he was and new he played for the 9ers and Raiders, and that he was a terrible GM. I just didn't know what position he played until I bought the 49ers America's Game set. Sorry, I was 4 the last time Millen was playing on a football field. About Willis's comments. It's non issue.
Just heard the audio, I feel the two dudes in the studios should have given Willis a heads up on who Millen is before going to his comment. As if Willis knows everyone thats played the position. meh.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
in my opinion our players and coaches are spending a little to much time running thier mouths in the media about things. Jh made himself look foolish with his crying about the giants coaches last week and alot of our players spend to much time this year flaming other teams or having a thin skin like willis here. maybe they should focus thier efforts on,,, oh playing the god damn game

Share 49ersWebzone