There are 131 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

We're still #1 in defense and #1 in rushing #3 in scoring defense

Look guys, we're 4-2. We lost to a pair of talented teams that were just more motivated than us. The sky isnt falling yet, because we're still NFCC contenders. If we can stick to our philosophy of running the ball, playing good defense, and catching teams off guard with our formations, we're back to our superbowl formula. We have a tough schedule this year, and the NFL is way more competitive now. The NFC-W will be tough but managable because we're used to their offenses, while ours changes rapidly. I think we can get into the playoffs at 10-6 and from there we should see how 'meant to be' we are.

go niners!
its how we lost
Bring back dennis Erickson!

I miss the hopelessness.
Originally posted by darkknight49:

I miss the hopelessness.

lol, at least we knew what to expect.

I miss the hopelessness.

You can't have been in the gameday threads, then.
I'm sticking with 11-5 overall, as I feel we can win the next 4 games to get to 8-2. The NFC-W will be a dog fight this year to say the least and it starts this Thursday. We'll know where we are after that game.

The biggest questions I will continue to have every week until I see different are, can we win from behind by more than 1 possession (couldn't do it against the Vikes or GMen) and what happens if we continue to not get a successful pass rush? I've noticed we get away from the gameplan too early and is it me, or do I continue to hear Jim say "we want to get up early" like every game so as to not have to play from behind??? Is there something more to this, like he knows we're built one way, to play from ahead and pin our ears back, and if not, we're in trouble? Put another way, the Giants are probably the best at making any type of comebacks (Denver is a close 2nd IMO). Eli can throw a pick or two early and then recover to throw for 300yd in the 2nd half to win the game, or have a shot to win. Does anyone think that we have a QB on the current roster that can do the same? Maybe it's because we're not built that way to win, but it's somewhat disturbing.
[ Edited by Beezy33 on Oct 16, 2012 at 11:31 AM ]
Hey, maybe you haven't been keeping up on current events, but we just got our asses kicked, pal!
I still believe we match last years totals 13-3, albeit, it wont be in spectacular fashion. We will barely win the next 2 games (Sea. and Ariz.), then re-group/focus after bye week. NE and Mia dont scare me as much as they did at 1st., but we may lose a divisional game Ariz. game may be meaningless to us) or Chicago (who can push back). The rest of the games will be hard fought w/some big or nice wins mixed in.
We suck on special teams and our passing game is not that great. Now we have injuries on the O Line.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
We suck on special teams and our passing game is not that great. Now we have injuries on the O Line.

watch out for English , if he/she hears you talk like that you are banned !
Originally posted by cNiner:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

watch out for English , if he/she hears you talk like that you are banned !

To correct this deliberate falsehood, if you, like he has been doing, spam every thread you will be suspended. But you haven't.
Thursday can't come soon enough.
Originally posted by English:

I miss the hopelessness.

You can't have been in the gameday threads, then.

Nope, i avoid those.
Originally posted by toppdogg32:
I still believe we match last years totals 13-3, albeit, it wont be in spectacular fashion. We will bareZzzly win the next 2 games (Sea. and Ariz.), then re-group/focus after bye week. NE and Mia dont scare me as much as they did at 1st., but we may lose a divisional game Ariz. game may be meaningless to us) or Chicago (who can push back). The rest of the games will be hard fought w/some big or nice wins mixed in.

If we win the next 9 out of 10 games, then it will surely be spectacular!
Originally posted by real9erfan:
Thursday can't come soon enough.

This