There are 344 users in the forums

How long will our window be open?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

How long will our window be open?

I only ask this question because to me it's looking like last year was probably our best chance to grab that 6th championship. The NFC is going to be BRUTAL for years to come as the balance of power has shifted drastically to the NFC side. We have numerous players in their prime and contract years looming around the corner. We're going to have to do a good job managing salaries over the next few off-seasons and continue to do some solid drafting to remain relevant. I would hate to see so many promising careers waisted with no championship results.. Example: Chargers, Bears, Cowboys, etc.... The time to win is now in my opinion (capt obvious i know)
Seriously? This is a young team.
Really not sure how long this window is.

I am sure though that the time to win a superbowl IS now. The front office knows it, the coaches know it, the players and fans know it.

But IMO, their choice in experimenting with 2 QBs is saying otherwise...it's hard for me to believe any team can win a championship with that formula. Hope I'm wrong though.
Depends a lot on how the offense develops. It we have to continue to have to have our defense be dominant to win you may be right.
[ Edited by natrone06 on Oct 15, 2012 at 8:30 AM ]
  • sfout
  • Veteran
The window for players like Gore, Justin, is rapidly closing.

The window for the 49ers teams as a whole is just opening...
Originally posted by English:

This.
We'll be competitive as long as we have Harbaugh and Baalke.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
we are all mad but we are young and if the coaches would just stick to a basic game plan we will be ok. we, including me,, are all speaking out of emotion today but that is to be expected when we were not even competitive at home in a big time game. zero excuse for that. did they learn anything vs the vikings. I agree with my friend oakland but JH does some stupid ass things with challenge and i am starting to get sick of this rotating qb thing. it killed us yesterday. I do not believe in losing to learn but if they do not learn anything from sunday, thursday will not be pretty and the morning after will be even worse in my opinion
  • Apone
  • Veteran
Depends on the QB situation. I am not sold on either Smith or Kaep. If things remain the same way 2-4 years.
The window can be extended if guys like Jenkins and LMJ are good. Also, we can keep drafting well and get FAs. I think we will be good for a while

This is probably the last year
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
i do not think so but the coaches had better have learned something from sunday. i am sure the lid blew up in houston and new england over the weekend. i think we will be ok but today, speaking out of emotion after a game where we were not even competitive,, its tuff
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Rubbish.
Originally posted by English:

I understand that we are realitively young, but at the same time many of our players are at the peak as we speak. And with contracts expiring its only going to get more difficult to hang on to some of our primere talent. I hate to see what would happen if Bowmen hit the FA market.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
as long as we have JH as our coach
Share 49ersWebzone