There are 283 users in the forums

Don't believe the hype!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Both of your losses have come during a time when the media has created alot of hype about the Niners. After we went 2-0 everyone called us the best team in Football and we went to Minnesota and lost. Then today everyone was picking us to win based on what we'd done over the last 2 games and today we lost. Call it a coincidence or not but I think the media hype isn't helping this team.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninerfan81:
Both of your losses have come during a time when the media has created alot of hype about the Niners. After we went 2-0 everyone called us the best team in Football and we went to Minnesota and lost. Then today everyone was picking us to win based on what we'd done over the last 2 games and today we lost. Call it a coincidence or not but I think the media hype isn't helping this team.

its like those tools at PFT said. When Coughlin played the "Nobody believes in us" card, even if it wasn't true. The important part was he did it before Harbaugh could do it and say "No one believes we could be the SB Champs".

IMHO it doesn't matter what motivational tactic is used but the "This is unfinished business" tactic obviously didn't help us this week.

We just came out flat and sucked.
Media hype does not help nor hurt a teams performance.
Originally posted by btthepunk:

it may, you don't know that
I don't know how much hype contributes to our loss, but I do know we lose to better defenses...

Vikings
Giants
Cardinals
Ravens...etc...

When you face playoff caliber defenses, your WRs will not always be wide open, so you need a QB who's willing to make throws into very very tight windows. Eli did it all day today, 49ers D had nice coverage most of the time but Eli still fit it in there.

Seattle's D is next...
Originally posted by BayAreaNinersFan:
Originally posted by btthepunk:

it may, you don't know that

Everybody SHOULD know that.

No team goes "hey you see we're number #1 on NFL.com power poll? Lets play terribly since we're so good!"
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
We need to go back to being under the radar. The media attention isn't helping us at all.
Originally posted by verb1der:
I don't know how much hype contributes to our loss, but I do know we lose to better defenses...

Vikings
Giants
Cardinals
Ravens...etc...

When you face playoff caliber defenses, your WRs will not always be wide open, so you need a QB who's willing to make throws into very very tight windows. Eli did it all day today, 49ers D had nice coverage most of the time but Eli still fit it in there.

Seattle's D is next...

lmfao.... you've got a good point.... uh oh
Yes! Was the start of my last jam.
But here it is again,
Another Def Jam...
just the ebbs and flows of the season guys, come week 17 we have to be near our peak and healthy for January football.

This is hype. VISA commercial. Something our young team has to get used to.

http://youtu.be/T_AqDd1UXVc
we have bigger problems than the media lol....
[ Edited by Niner_Fan on Oct 15, 2012 at 8:09 AM ]
Originally posted by Baldie:
We need to go back to being under the radar. The media attention isn't helping us at all.

You say that like the team actually controls what the media talks about.

You do realize the only way that this team will get under the radar is if the team sucks.
I don't know about you but I'd rather be a contender every year then a bottom dweller.

And being a contender means your on the radar.
I don't think it either helps or hurts us; it's simply inaccurate. We are just not as good as most of the bandwagoners would have you believe. I think the Vikings and Giants game illustrate that.
Well we will be playing the Seahawks and Cardinals and we will find out if we are as bad as we were in the Vikings game and the Giants game.
Share 49ersWebzone