There are 57 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The good news is....................................................

If we ran the Jimmy Raye playbook the Giants wouldn't have gotten those picks because we'd be too busy playing "power football"
So Kaepernick's 11 yard loss is the reason Alex threw his most accurate passes to Antrelle Rolle all day? Did you watch Smith the rest of the game?
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by random49er:
So Kaepernick's 11 yard loss is the reason Alex threw his most accurate passes to Antrelle Rolle all day? Did you watch Smith the rest of the game?

lol how do you even make that connection? Just stop. He said that putting Kaep in messed with the game flow.
Originally posted by BayAreaNinersFan:
People, we simply might not be able to revert to our 'formula' in some games. We will need to come from behind some games this year as our D doesn't appear as dominant. Therefore, we will need to throw more.

We might need to accept that the NFL is a passing league instead of trying to persist as an exception. We need to pass the ball better, end of story.
'

Then we are in trouble!
Originally posted by sfout:
lol how do you even make that connection? Just stop. He said that putting Kaep in messed with the game flow.

Harbaugh pretty much admitted the same thing, I expect we'll see a lot less or no Wildcat on Thursday.
People, we simply might not be able to revert to our 'formula' in some games. We will need to come from behind some games this year as our D doesn't appear as dominant. Therefore, we will need to throw more.

We might need to accept that the NFL is a passing league instead of trying to persist as an exception. We need to pass the ball better, end of story.
'

This as well. Let's not hide that we can't pass.
I tell you what though, the Pack look rejuvenated. The offense is clicking and the defense has pas rush. They will probably win for the rest of the year. Giving Houston their first loss of the season in their house.
[ Edited by Baldie on Oct 14, 2012 at 7:36 PM ]
  • sfout
  • Veteran

'

sucks to say it but the Texans are what we were last year and what we want to be again this year. The Texans lean more heavily on the run but they do have Foster and Tate.

'

sucks to say it but the Texans are what we were last year and what we want to be again this year. The Texans lean more heavily on the run but they do have Foster and Tate.
But they have a downfield passing attack when called upon. They have a deep threat with Johnson. We have a deep threat but no downfield passing attack.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Baldie:

'

But they have a downfield passing attack when called upon. They have a deep threat with Johnson. We have a deep threat but no downfield passing attack.

yep. god it pains me to say this but does that mean we are a QB away or a schematic philosophy change away?

'

yep. god it pains me to say this but does that mean we are a QB away or a schematic philosophy change away?

Might be the QB

I hope Alex proves everyone wrong.
I'm watching that game to......

When rodgers throws on 3rd downs, he throws at the sticks or beyond....Alex throws underneath. Imagine Rodgers with our weapons and defense.

THE DIFFERENCE IS ALEX HAS AND ALWAYS WILL SUCK--AND RODGERS DOESN'T...the end. That being said, we have the deepest running game in the league and we abandon it like little girls...
Hard to say this but we might be better offensively had we signed Hasselbeck a couple years ago. Weren't we a possibly destination for him but he decided to sign with Tennessee? I think had Harbaugh been in place already he probably chooses the niners.
I don't think the scheme is faulty. We have shown we can throw the ball and open it up with some success when necessary. However, we are best when we control the lines of scrimmage, control the TOP and get our running game going. Having said that, sometimes you are in a hole that is too large and you must abandon the run game. We are not built to win that way with Alex at QB and I am a pretty big supporter of his. Our D is supposed to be able to keep us in any game, which allows us to stick to our style of play for the most part. As many have noted, the Texans are playing a lot like we did last year. Their O looks better but our D last year was more dominant than theirs. Our D has fallen off this year. We all knew it would happen, you cannot have that turnover differential two years running.

Our D will inevitably have average to bad games. Our O just is not explosive enough to make up for instances where our D has some lapses. We tend to score on long, time consuming drives. We have talent on offense and some playmakers, we just don't take many high risk/reward chances. Moss is still a deep threat but he is older now, also Alex doesn't throw the best deep ball. Still, I'd like to see at least some attempt at a true vertical game other than just Vernon. Would giving Jenkins and even Williams more of a shot really hurt us that much? Would it hurt more than running those stupid Kaep plays?
Hard to say this but we might be better offensively had we signed Hasselbeck a couple years ago. Weren't we a possibly destination for him but he decided to sign with Tennessee? I think had Harbaugh been in place already he probably chooses the niners.

Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home