LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 273 users in the forums

The good news is....................................................

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I'm watching the Packers play tonight and it seems they've gotten back to what worked for them last year and are beating up "the league's best team" Houston. I really do feel that the 49ers likewise needs to get back to their no nonsense, run the ball down your throat and take your shots when you have them offense of last year, all this Wildcat nonsense and other trick plays isn't going to work as well as what they did last season and there are many teams vulnerable to the run and the 49ers need to take advantage of it.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Oct 14, 2012 at 7:15 PM ]
we are still in 1st place
enough q.b. switchery
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I'm watching the Packers play tonight and it seems they've gotten back to what worked for them last year and are beating up "the league's best team" Houston. I really do feel that the 49ers likewise needs to get back to their no nonsense, run the ball down your throat and take your shots when you have them offense of last year, all this Wildcat nonsense and other trick plays isn't going to work as well as what they did last season and there are many teams vulnerable to the run and the 49ers need to take advantage of it.

I'd gladly stick with the idea of 25-30 carries a game with 20 passes if it means wins.

15+ Gore
5+ Hunter
5+ Jacobs
5+ sweeps and reverses

Yes please.
Originally posted by sfout:
I'd gladly stick with the idea of 25-30 carries a game with 20 passes if it means wins.

15+ Gore
5+ Hunter
5+ Jacobs
5+ sweeps and reverses

Yes please.

Possibly the deepest in the league at RB, this team doesn't need this gimmicky crap, what's the last successful Wildcat team anyways? Please make it stop.
We suck, our dog and pony show works in the regular season against weak teams
Originally posted by jreff22:
we are still in 1st place

ha never did 1st place feel so uncomfortable.
we didnt fumble!
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
I'm watching that game to......

When rodgers throws on 3rd downs, he throws at the sticks or beyond....Alex throws underneath. Imagine Rodgers with our weapons and defense.
Either the Wildcat to work in a potential replacement or we rely on Smith's arm to consistently win games for us. I'll take the Wildcat.

Green Bay doesnt have the issue we have with accurate passing.

• Baldie
  • Veteran
I think if the Packers played like this in Week 1, we might have lost.
People, we simply might not be able to revert to our 'formula' in some games. We will need to come from behind some games this year as our D doesn't appear as dominant. Therefore, we will need to throw more.

We might need to accept that the NFL is a passing league instead of trying to persist as an exception. We need to pass the ball better, end of story.
'
Originally posted by Baldie:

When rodgers throws on 3rd downs, he throws at the sticks or beyond....Alex throws underneath. Imagine Rodgers with our weapons and defense.

19-0
Originally posted by random49er:
Either the Wildcat to work in a potential replacement or we rely on Smith's arm to consistently win games for us. I'll take the Wildcat.

Green Bay doesnt have the issue we have with accurate passing.

Yes, because it was so successful today...and in the NFL in general. Alex Smith completes huge pass to Moss....Kaepernick comes in, 11 yard loss on a sack. Or that fumble last week, f**k that, the Wildcat can suck my dick.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by Baldie:

19-0
Scary dream!
Share 49ersWebzone