There are 135 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Out-coached!

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Allx9er:
Horrible game plan that horribly executed.

Yeah, it was truly horrible. Hope we don't see that s**t ever again.
Here is the saddest part of all of it.

We have Jacobs & Manningham. They couldn't help us out at all in prep & practice this past week against the Giants!?!? U kidding me?
[ Edited by NickSh49 on Oct 14, 2012 at 11:15 PM ]
We lost because of the turnovers. Each of the 3 interceptions, Alex stared down the receiver so Rolle can jump the route. Sorry. The game plan was sound, the players couldn't get it done. Harbaugh blamed it on planning to take pressure off of Alex - the right thing to do given we have another game in 4 days.
Originally posted by NickSh49:

We have Jacobs & Manningham. They couldn't help us out at all in prep & practice this past week against the Giants!?!? U kidding me?

Which team is Jacobs supposing helping again? Cuz he sure as f**k isn't helping us.
If anyone watched this game from starts to end and blames anyone other than Jim Harbaugh and Greg Roman for this lost, then you have to be blind, crazy, or you just don't know football. The offense was fine until the started using these SILLY gadget plays against the Super Bowl Champions. I wasn't a fan when we did it against Buffalo and NYJ, so I sure as hell thought this was foolish. Yes Alex threw the picks at the end of the day, but Greg Roman might as well had put a gun to Alex's head and told him to throw a pick. In and Out, In and Out, In and Out... I don't mind seeing Kaep once or twice a game (with us having the lead), but running on and off the field in the middle of a big time game... no sir!
Originally posted by 24plus25er:
If anyone watched this game from starts to end and blames anyone other than Jim Harbaugh and Greg Roman for this lost, then you have to be blind, crazy, or you just don't know football. The offense was fine until the started using these SILLY gadget plays against the Super Bowl Champions. I wasn't a fan when we did it against Buffalo and NYJ, so I sure as hell thought this was foolish. Yes Alex threw the picks at the end of the day, but Greg Roman might as well had put a gun to Alex's head and told him to throw a pick. In and Out, In and Out, In and Out... I don't mind seeing Kaep once or twice a game (with us having the lead), but running on and off the field in the middle of a big time game... no sir!

Finally a post that makes sense. Cheers to you sir.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:

Which team is Jacobs supposing helping again? Cuz he sure as f**k isn't helping us.

he's talking about knowledge of the plays,scheme, etc.
The first drive says it all, Alex was fine until the started Kaep'ing. Had they let Alex stay in on that 3rd down I think the defense would have played the ball honestly. but once they saw Kaep in they snuffed out the run because they knew sure as hell he wasnt going to run it.

1st and 10 at SF 15(Shotgun) A.Smith pass short left to M.Manningham to SF 24 for 9 yards (P.Amukamara) . Caught at SF22. 2-yds YAC 2nd and 1 at SF 24F.Gore up the middle to SF 24 for no gain (A.Tracy, L.Joseph ). 3rd and 1 at SF 24K.Hunter left end pushed ob at SF 39 for 15 yards (P.Amukamara) . 1st and 10 at SF 39A.Smith pass short left to V.Davis to SF 45 for 6 yards (M.Boley). Caught at SF44. 1-yds YAC 2nd and 4 at SF 45(Shotgun) A.Smith pass incomplete short left to V.Davis (J.Pierre-Paul). 3rd and 4 at SF 45(Shotgun) A.Smith pass short middle to M.Crabtree to NYG 48 for 7 yards (J.Hosley) [O.Umenyiora] . Caught at 40. 2-yds YAC 1st and 10 at NYG 48(Shotgun) A.Smith pass short middle to F.Gore to NYG 43 for 5 yards (M.Boley) . Caught at NYG44. 1-yd YAC 2nd and 5 at NYG 43(Shotgun) F.Gore left tackle to NYG 30 for 13 yards (A.Rolle) . 1st and 10 at NYG 30(Shotgun) A.Smith scrambles left end to NYG 26 for 4 yards (M.Boley) . 2nd and 6 at NYG 26A.Smith pass incomplete short right to M.Crabtree. 3rd and 6 at NYG 26C.Kaepernick in at QB. (Shotgun) F.Gore right tackle to NYG 26 for no gain (J.Pierre-Paul; C.Blackburn). 4th and 6 at NYG 26D.Akers 43 yard field goal is No Good, Wide Right, Center-B.Jennings, Holder-A.Lee.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

he's talking about knowledge of the plays,scheme, etc.

Again, not helping.

We have an entire Draft class not suiting up for games. If Jacobs isn't gonna contribute, get rid of him. His "insider info" on his former team was obviously worthless.
When your starting and back up running back come out ripping of carries of 10+ yards on the first drive, you don't abandon the run so you can play gadget time with you second string, second year QB. Alex was 3/5 for 22 yards and 1 carry for 4 coming off that first drive... no need to bring Kaep in and out the game. That killed out rhythm.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 24plus25er:

Finally a post that makes sense. Cheers to you sir.

This game was on the coaches. They had the Db's in the wrong scheme, a retarded game plan including having Kap basically ruin Alex's flow in the offense and idiotic challenges.
Originally posted by father49er:
We lost because of the turnovers. Each of the 3 interceptions, Alex stared down the receiver so Rolle can jump the route. Sorry. The game plan was sound, the players couldn't get it done. Harbaugh blamed it on planning to take pressure off of Alex - the right thing to do given we have another game in 4 days.

Too funny. Real sound game plan there.
Originally posted by father49er:

The gameplan was SOUND?!?!

8 carries for Frank Gore.

Overuse of the now-on-film-and-no-longer-so-unpredictable Kaep-gun.

REAL sound game plan.
[ Edited by NickSh49 on Oct 15, 2012 at 12:18 AM ]
Total net yards:
Giants - 342
49ers - 314

Average gain per play:
Giants - 5.3
49ers - 5.2

Third down:
Giants - 5/15
49ers - 4/14

If the turnover margin was closer to the norm and Akers kicked well, this would have been a great game. It was the interceptions and missed field goals that cost us. The game planning and play calling weren't perfect, but we still were about even besides the turnovers.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by captain_planet:
Total net yards:
Giants - 342
49ers - 314

Average gain per play:
Giants - 5.3
49ers - 5.2

Third down:
Giants - 5/15
49ers - 4/14

If the turnover margin was closer to the norm and Akers kicked well, this would have been a great game. It was the interceptions and missed field goals that cost us. The game planning and play calling weren't perfect, but we still were about even besides the turnovers.

Yeah, even when they were up just 10-3, you felt it was out of reach because of how bad we were playing.