There are 147 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

My Issues with the 49ers this year

Member Milestone: This is post number 800 for jimmythegreekjr.
1. Since Harbaugh took over, from the last two drafts, we haven't had anyone outstanding start or play (maybe Aldon Smith last season). It appears we have a lot of wasted draft picks.

2. Brandon Jacobs - he's says he ready to play..but he his not playing.

3. When the team falls behind this year, they fall flat, look dejected...there is no fight to come back.

4. Too much CK, the word is out..teams are prepared..he is not ready to start, it is obvious. I think this side show is affecting Smith's confidence.

5. Special teams has regressed. David Akers is not the same. We give up too many yards on kick offs.

6. Pass rush...where has it been? yeah we saw it against NY Jets (but those are thame Jets)

7.Greg Roman...I have never liked this guy.

8. We have lost against two potential playoff teams...not a good sign.

9. Running game...without Gore, who is there to pick up the slack? Hunter is just not an every down back.

A lot of you may say it is still early in the season, we have a lot of games left, and we are tied for first, but I am concerned not only about this season because the on field confusions that we have observed but the up coming seasons as I see our young talent not being developed and our draft picks wasted.
[ Edited by jimmythegreekjr on Oct 14, 2012 at 5:20 PM ]
What does Mark Roman have to do with anything, idiot? He hasn't been here in like 3-4 years.
Last years draft was a fantastic draft.
Originally posted by grizzlyadams:
What does Mark Roman have to do with anything, idiot? He hasn't been here in like 3-4 years.

He means GREG. You know he means GREG.
Originally posted by NickSh49:

He means GREG. You know he means GREG.

He wrote Mark.
He wrote Mark.

The idiot updated it "Greg".
Originally posted by natrone06:
Last years draft was a fantastic draft.

This. Culliver was a great pick, as was Aldon. Kaepernick still has yet to be graded. I LOVED the Colin Jones pick, hated that they traded him away, really the only bad pick last year was Ronald Johnson.

This draft however......not very promising. Your team needs WR help, so you go and draft a WR that isn't ready to contribute, not a good sign. In the 2nd round you take a RB that falls 4th or 5th in your depth chart. Looney has had injury issues, the other guys had injury issues, Trent Robinson has looked like a decent potential contender but I think they could have done A LOT better in the draft.
Dude I'm sorry but your list fails.
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Dude I'm sorry but your list fails.

I respect your opinion as I was just stating my own.
  • fropwns
  • Hall of Fame
kill all the idiot stuff.
lol idiot
Just a bad day. Ready for Thursday
We should mass suicide
It's all good we 4-2
The way I look at it...last year our team played like it had something to prove. More specifically, our defense and our STs played lights out because they knew Harbaugh was implementing a new offense and at the same time building Alex's confidence. Going into this year, I think the team as a whole expected a lot more from our offense. Our defense is still great; and our STs is still one of the better units in the league. But its common sense that not all your assets will be clicking week in and week out. And so far, it seems that all our victories have come bc of the SAME units from last year stepping it up. Everytime we've relied on our offense to bail us out, it's been a disaster.

Somewhere along the line, we have to have an efficient offense to balance out our defense. For the most part, despite not getting at Eli, we held them to FGs. They had one good TD drive (off an INT), and the other came from a great STs play. Where was our offense's intensity ? Why didnt we match them point for point and keep their defense on their heels like they did with ours ?

This is where our team is disastrous. I dont know whether its Alex, coaching, gameplan, Kaep, running game, oline, etc. But we better fix these issues fast; I dont expect our defense to carry us again this season, and if the CURRENT Niners play the Giants again in the playoffs, we're gonna get manhandled.
[ Edited by Faraz80 on Oct 14, 2012 at 6:49 PM ]