LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 244 users in the forums

Greg Roman, is he really good?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Jcool:
Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows

From the "This-is-not-a-typo" dept: Anquan Boldin leads #49ers with 630 receiving yards. The next highest wide receiver on the squad has 38.

Lol, terrible.

From the "This-is-not-a-typo" dept: Anquan Boldin leads #49ers with 630 receiving yards. The next highest wide receiver on the squad has 38.

Not true if you count Kyle Williams who had 113.
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:
Harbaughs brain vein will pop if he sees another "ring-around-the-rosie" pop warner move by Roman.

I still don't know what the f**k that was, in a pro game, seriously?
Originally posted by rondoman:

Not true if you count Kyle Williams who had 113.

Even if you count Williams, that disparity is awful.
Originally posted by dj43:
Baldwin is not the kind of receiver that is expected to always get separation. He is a big, strong guy that uses his height and body to shield defenders off the ball.

I agree that staying an ineffective version of the same offense Alex ran is not an advancement.

Not so concerned with the comment regarding separation but the fact he couldn't find the ball in the air bothers me. He can go up and take a ball in the RZ or on the sidelines...if he can see it!
Phoenix49ers-I still don't know what the f**k that was, in a pro game, seriously?(sorry I can't use the quote function for some reason) I literally closed my eyes, shook my head and thought "what would BW think about this offense". Beyond pathetic. I really had high hopes for this staff but it looks like Roman is here for the duration no matter what.
So I am watching this NE-Denver game and noticing all of the halftime adjustments Bellichick made to get his team back in the game. Did the same thing vs Niners when it looked like we were going to take everything they owned. Why is it that our coaches actually make anti-adjustments? For instance, when we played the Colts and Gore was averaging 7 YPC in the first half, they adjusted at halftime to only give him the rock a handful of times in the 2nd half. Has anyone seen our team make any halftime adjustments while losing that allowed us to win the game in the Harbaugh era?
Our coaches were good at half time adjustments until this season. Remember the NFC Championship? We can't have a short term memory in light of our recent struggles.
last game against the Eagles back in 2011 was some great adjustments
I honestly don't know what the hell is wrong with Roman this season. Maybe all the talk of him getting a HC job has gone to his head and he is trying to show how creative his playcalling is in order to impress to get a HC job. But he is totally disregarding setting up plays for later in the game, ignoring fundamental plays like screens and slants to keep the offensive flow going and failing to allow Colin to get into any kind of rhthym with this simplistic passing game. I'm tired of him saying " it starts with me.." and have him not do anything to change it. But unless he gets a HC job I doubt Harbaugh parts ways with him unless Jed forces him to do so.

Originally posted by 9erObsession:
last game against the Eagles back in 2011 was some great adjustments

That game was awesome, that was the game right there that made me believe in the staff and the whole team that were legit
I hate seeing other teams constantly using slants and screens and we don't use them once
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
I hate seeing other teams constantly using slants and screens and we don't use them once

It's like our coaches are stuck in the f**king Stone Age.
Is it Roman or JH? It's a fair question.

At some point during games JH has to see that it isn't working and override Roman's play calling.

Or is he already doing that?
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Is it Roman or JH? It's a fair question.

At some point during games JH has to see that it isn't working and override Roman's play calling.

Or is he already doing that?

Or the much scarier conclusion, that Roman is only running the offense that Jim Harbaugh wants him to run and has little choice in the actual types of plays called.
Share 49ersWebzone