There are 478 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

PASS RUSH!!! Where is it?!?!

haralson's los has hurt us. Aldon plays all the time and drops often into coverage.

But neither Justin Smith has been as disruptive as he's been in years past. The passrush looks a lot like 2010. Pressure yes but no sacks and to slow to get pressure, without a genuine passrush our secondary will be torched. We do not have a Revis back there hwo can cover for an eternity.
Originally posted by Apone:
Good question.

Now, where is our 1st and Second round pick?

Bro I'm with you on this, I feel like we burned those picks on "potential" weapons we might not even use this season. That could have been a top lineman and another pass rusher... -_-
Originally posted by JeuSF49:
haralson's los has hurt us. Aldon plays all the time and drops often into coverage.

But neither Justin Smith has been as disruptive as he's been in years past. The passrush looks a lot like 2010. Pressure yes but no sacks and to slow to get pressure, without a genuine passrush our secondary will be torched. We do not have a Revis back there hwo can cover for an eternity.

When aldon drops back into coverage, he's gotten burned. Check the Minnesota game, I bet the Giants saw tape from that game.

Just Smith is getting double team now, which is suppose to open it up for Aldon but how can he do that if he's dropping in coverage or he already winded for playing every down. It was a mistake for him to be an every down player I think. Last year he came in on passing downs and he just man handled who ever was blocking him because he was always fresh.
D was gassed because O wasn't in the field much, especially the second half.
[ Edited by WestCoastForever on Oct 15, 2012 at 6:30 AM ]
Originally posted by WestCoastForever:

I thought we were going to grind em down after 2 12 play drives to open the game. Unfortunately, they resulted in 3 pts and we quit grinding.
Originally posted by Nuns:
Originally posted by WestCoastForever:

I thought we were going to grind em down after 2 12 play drives to open the game. Unfortunately, they resulted in 3 pts and we quit grinding.
yea, I don't get the sudden gameplan change. Poor decisions in play calling and missed opportunities.
You would think in these situations they would run more hurry up offense but they act like we have all day long and do things like draw delay of game penalties they have to be better with clock management every game they have lost badly there has been no sense of urgency I don't get it.
We really miss Parys. Aldon is not an every down player.
Looks like Maddog was right JJ Watt >>>> Aldon
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
People forget the historical dominance of the front 7 from last year. There was always going to be some drop off.
Originally posted by TexasGuero49:
Originally posted by dhp318:
We have no OLB depth, those guys have to play every snap. Most teams will rotate in pass rushers to keep them fresh.

This falls directly on coaching staff.... Need depth for rotation

didn't they all get injured in the pre-season?
The topic is pass rush and I feel the Giants out-coached us.

They took away our key strength. No secondary in the NFL can give a QB like Eli that much time and comfort and keep up. By comfort I mean he was barely touched all day. He does get the ball out fast which I'm sure was part of their coaching strategy to negate the pass rush.

Maybe Justin is slowing down or they schemed it in a way that negated what he does. Ray Mac was a non-factor as far as what I can recall. By the end of the game the front 3 were gassed. If JH & Vic are so high on Dobbs & Tok - get them in the game.
On pace for the lowest sack total in 30 years.
Where's it at..

i got two turntables and a microphooooonnnne
I think its time we blitz a little bit more.