There are 137 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

PASS RUSH!!! Where is it?!?!

Theres gotta be some RB needy team out there with OLB depth that we could make a swap. Jaobs for a backup OLB. I know player trades never happen, but we need to be bringing in guys for workouts now. God forbid theres an injury and we are really f**ked.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Theres gotta be some RB needy team out there with OLB depth that we could make a swap. Jaobs for a backup OLB. I know player trades never happen, but we need to be bringing in guys for workouts now. God forbid theres an injury and we are really f**ked.

As I said, Haggans is available...so where is he???

We have a backup OLB, we just don't use him. We rotate at QB but not at OLB...
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by JR80Forever:
The pass rush has been non-exsistent all season against good teams. Haralson loss is huge. They need to start rotating OLB's.

Supposedly Haggans is available now? If so, they need to start using him as he's very experienced playing in a 3-4 defense.

Well we better do something different. If the Seahawks come into town and beat us and then we go into AZ in primetime and lose, it will not look good for the season as the schedule doesn't get easier.
Aldon is effective as an everydown player but not as disruptive. And is it just me or does the opposing O-line never get called for holding against us?
Originally posted by Eastcoastniner:
Aldon is effective as an everydown player but not as disruptive. And is it just me or does the opposing O-line never get called for holding against us?

If he's not disruptive, how is he effective?
Originally posted by Eastcoastniner:

I think one of the big factors is that teams overload the side that Aldon and Justin are on and take their chances with McDonald and Brooks. I'm starting to feel like they need someone more disruptive on that end, that or a better NT, there's definitely a solution and the scheme is partly to do with it, Fangio has been basically going straight-up 1 v 1 and not moving guys around but they could use more push on the other side of the DL and up the middle as QB's are stepping up into the pocket to avoid Aldon and Justin and making plays happen as a result.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Oct 14, 2012 at 7:09 PM ]
Originally posted by Baldie:
If he's not disruptive, how is he effective?

I said not as disruptive, he is still getting pressure and stopping the run but his rush is not equal to last year because of being in every down. Nice try though at trying to pick apart that post.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I think one of the big factors is that teams overload the side that Aldon and Justin are on and take their chances with McDonald and Brooks. I'm starting to feel like they need someone more disruptive on that end, that or a better NT, there's definitely a solution and the scheme is partly to do with it, Fangio has been basically going straight-up 1 v 1 and not moving guys around but they could use more push on the other side of the DL and up the middle as QB's are stepping up into the pocket to avoid Aldon and Justin and making plays happen as a result.

Very true, they realize where the true threat of a rush is, Brooks and McDonald are inconsistent and I agree that we need to upgrade the NT. Stopping the run is great but we need to collapse the pocket against these bettter QBs.
  • dugo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
Hard to rush when your defense is on the field all game, because your offense got cute all game and taking sacks, false starts, 3rd and longs going for it on 4th down with a flood play... I don't blame the defense i blame Roman for calling a bad game and not feeding gore, and taking alex out of the game as well all to play with kaep!

For sure..the offense was poorly called and played and our D was tired...but that was more at the end of the game..from the second quarter on Eli lit us up I didn't see much as far as any stunts or corner blitzes or many blitzes at all..I didn't record the game to be able to go back and check it out but my first impression was our defensive game plan ,play, adjustments and play calling was almost as bad as the offensive game plan.....definitely got our a$$ handed to us in all phases..that being said our pass rush hash't been what we all expected this season..wish I could pin it down to why..but thats why I look to the the zone..
Last week when Alex wasn't getting touched he looked awesome. Any decent QB in this league will look great and put up good numbers if you do not hit, harry or sack them. We all know Alex is no Eli and even Alex looks great when he is untouched, same problem occurred against Minnesota. Without push from our front 4, our secondary cannot keep up against a great QB like Eli. We can sit in nickel all day against inferior opposition but even with those extra DBs, a good QB will beat you. Our front 4 are great at stopping the rush but they can't be expected to get a decent pass rush every down with so few rushers. Against below average QBs we have gotten away with it, the good to great QBs will shred you apart if you give them time and clean looks.
Seattle's Wilson is Christian Ponder 2. He has quick feet and comes up with a play here and there. Lynch cannot run downhill, if he does it will be a tough game.
Aldon isn't the problem it's Vic
Except for Justin, Bowman & Whitner backing up tackles, everyone else seemed to be reacting versus initiating

We'll probably bring back Bakhtiari IMO before we trade for some other player.