There are 173 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

PASS RUSH!!! Where is it?!?!

We got a TOUGH Seahawks team coming here on Thursday and they have a good defense. Plus they just beat the NE patriots. They found a way to score more than Brady. We only scored 3 against Eli and Brady has more weapons than Eli does.

I hope we are more prepared than today.
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
We just don't have any depth at OLB. Losing Haralson was huge and it's haunting us now. There's nobody to rotate.

This. They're going to have to start using Haggans because this s**t isn't working right now. Look at teams like Seattle and Arizona and they rotate in player after player to attack on defense, this team tried to get too cute, they clearly need more help to generate a continual pass-rush.
Originally posted by Baldie:
We got a TOUGH Seahawks team coming here on Thursday and they have a good defense. Plus they just beat the NE patriots. They found a way to score more than Brady. We only scored 3 against Eli and Brady has more weapons than Eli does.

I hope we are more prepared than today.

Seattle beat New England the same way the 49ers beat a lot of teams, they make them one-dimensional and force them to pass. 49ers HAVE to be able to run against Seattle and keep running the ball and I'd love to see them utilize Gore, Hunter and Jacobs throughout the game.
Said it before......Aldon being an every down player was a mistake.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Seattle beat New England the same way the 49ers beat a lot of teams, they make them one-dimensional and force them to pass. 49ers HAVE to be able to run against Seattle and keep running the ball and I'd love to see them utilize Gore, Hunter and Jacobs throughout the game.

Well one thing is for sure....we can't rely on gimick plays. If Seattle does stop our run game, we are in trouble.
[ Edited by Baldie on Oct 14, 2012 at 5:20 PM ]
Originally posted by Baldie:
Said it before......Aldon being an every down player was a mistake.

I agree with the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" way but at this point Aldon would have been forced to be an every down OLB when Haralson went down.
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
Hard to rush when your defense is on the field all game, because your offense got cute all game and taking sacks, false starts, 3rd and longs going for it on 4th down with a flood play... I don't blame the defense i blame Roman for calling a bad game and not feeding gore, and taking alex out of the game as well all to play with kaep!

Except we had no serious rush in the beginning of the game either
Missed Field goals held the gaints to no score, than Alex threw the pick sparked them, the defense was tired and got beat. It's one of the top 5 olines in the league and a Eli gets it out fast, he doesn't hold on long he gets back fires. If anything we had break downs on the playaction with the safteys getting sucked up, and cull getting no help and burned deep!
Originally posted by Baldie:
Said it before......Aldon being an every down player was a mistake.

He's been double-teamed a lot. One of the big issues I have is that the majority of the push on the DL comes from Aldon and Justin, so mostly on one side. Ray McDonald has been invisible at times and while he's done a decent job at stopping the run at times, the pass rush or any semblance of it has been lacking.
The pass rush has been non-exsistent all season against good teams. Haralson loss is huge. They need to start rotating OLB's.
Originally posted by JR80Forever:
The pass rush has been non-exsistent all season against good teams. Haralson loss is huge. They need to start rotating OLB's.

Supposedly Haggans is available now? If so, they need to start using him as he's very experienced playing in a 3-4 defense.
stuck in the 2011 season.
I haven't even heard Justin Smith's name all year long.
Originally posted by Baldie:
Said it before......Aldon being an every down player was a mistake.

Truth. He was covering Cruz today at times. That's not a good matchup (but then again, neither is Parys vs. Cruz so... )
Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows Eli Manning endured 12 quarterback hits and six sacks in the NFC Champ game. on Sunday: Zero sacks and one quarterback hit.
the pass rush has been M.I.A. all season, one of the reasons the defense is nowhere near as dominant