There are 99 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

PASS RUSH!!! Where is it?!?!

Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
Hard to rush when your defense is on the field all game, because your offense got cute all game and taking sacks, false starts, 3rd and longs going for it on 4th down with a flood play... I don't blame the defense i blame Roman for calling a bad game and not feeding gore, and taking alex out of the game as well all to play with kaep!

Except we had no serious rush in the beginning of the game either
it was getting held every play
1) Find the pass rush
2) Find the passing game

find it....and the "W"'s will come
we had no pass rush today, and anyone with 2 eyes could see it wasnt there the past few weeks, even with the 2 blowouts the one thing i noticed, no pass rush, or at least one that the "best D in football" would have
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Might need to start blitzing more. This can't go on
Forget the pass rush, where was the run defense? Just like Minnesota, the Giants ran the ball down the 49ers throats. Bradshaw ran for over 100, they had almost 150 total yards, just embarrassing.
Their OLine won the battle of the trenches.

Eli played very well.

Their secondary blanketed our receivers.

We were out-coached.
We need the back ups to play some in the Dline. The front 4 can't go all game long. It's stupid. They need rest. Many other teams switch the front a lot to get them rest.
Originally posted by crabman82:
we had no pass rush today, and anyone with 2 eyes could see it wasnt there the past few weeks, even with the 2 blowouts the one thing i noticed, no pass rush, or at least one that the "best D in football" would have

This, the push they had last year isn't there for whatever reason. I don't see Justin Smith running over people the way he did last year, hell I don't think I've heard Ray McDonald's name called once other than for penalties. Aldon Smith seems to lack his usual explosion off the edge making me think he might need to go back to a part time role as this team has gotten killed on 3rd down defensively this year.
the d stepped up for those 2 or 3 possessions and held them to field goals with a short field, where was that intensity and d the rest of the game? they quit at the end and the way the o played not sure i can blame them but earlier in the game. We did really well those 1st few drives, offense missed fg and lack of td and we started giving up plays... also, more blitzing, more tight coverage... too many plays we are off 10 yards but that's the entire nfl
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by crabman82:

This, the push they had last year isn't there for whatever reason. I don't see Justin Smith running over people the way he did last year, hell I don't think I've heard Ray McDonald's name called once other than for penalties. Aldon Smith seems to lack his usual explosion off the edge making me think he might need to go back to a part time role as this team has gotten killed on 3rd down defensively this year.

ya dude, its not that we suck, but we just dont have the same swagger or "mojo" that we had last season, crippling loss when u consider losing the tie break with the giants (also only nfc west team to lose to nfc east team) and the falcons escaping a terrible showing to beat the raiders
Aldon is slow & old
Originally posted by Baldie:
1) Find the pass rush
2) Find the passing game

find it....and the "W"'s will come

This.

I will say one thing in regards to the pass rush, the giants offensive lineman got away with A LOT today in negating the niner pass rush. With that being said the Niner pass rush is nowhere near what it was last year, 9 sacks through 6 games isn't cutting it boys and we need to figure out a way to get some heat on opposing qb's or it is going to be a LONG year.
We just don't have any depth at OLB. Losing Haralson was huge and it's haunting us now. There's nobody to rotate.
The Harralson-rotation is definitely missed.